Unexpected Circumstances

The two of you remained seated inside the carriage, as the ride had been nothing more than a calmer trip than expected. However, you could bot help but observe Blade's current attire in a more thorough manner. Indeed it was never like what you were used to. The outfit he donned was exceedingly more exquisite than his normal uniform. From the large coat that flowed past his knees, to the meticulous brooch that glimmered with prestige, there seemed to be no doubt that such a symbol proves Blade had earned the worthy status of a knight from the Xianzhuo Luofu.

His long silky hair was no longer kept with the ribbon, allowing it to droop down his face, displaying his demeanour to be more of an irascible man. A smile had never met his lips. Though, there was part of you, deep down, who wished to see those lips form a curve. Even if it was only a miniscule amount.

As you and Blade continued your long trip, not a single word escaped your lips; as there was no need to after all. Though a few hours had passed, the sign of approaching the destination drew nearer with the sight of trees gradually becoming replaced with buildings and vast technology that revealed signs of having magic implementation into it. For instance, your eyes had caught sight of the carriages created in that region from afar. In comparison to what you own, the one on the Xianzhuo Luofu did not require horses. Instead, the carriages were powered through energy, wielding power from the sky with the help of ability users. From a distance, your eyes remained focused on the bright beam of light illuminating the night sky, indicating you were nearing the heart of the city.

"We are getting close," you spoke out, gazing out the window of the carriage.

"I do not see the reason why your father has not implemented the usage of power at the carriage. Time would be spared, rather than remaining seated here for an hour." Blade replied nonchalantly. "It is cost-efficient as well, mistress."

"Well- Papa is just like that, but do not concern yourself in that matter. After all, the process itself is tedious due to the fact that we would have to purchase and build a completely new one."

"Many had acquired devices that leveraged the usage of power alongside it. Though it is still fairly new, its usage improves the quality of life amongst the citizens."

"That is true. However, wasn't its purpose mainly for battle?"

"It depends on the user's ability to wield an ability at such. For instance, many have gained the ability to heal others as many are inherited by blood. Others, however, may develop in having the ability to manipulate quantum or the imaginary ability."

"In that case," you paused for a second. "What about your blood manipulation ability?"

Blade had taken a moment to gather his thoughts before his lips parted to provide you with a reply. The carriage had continued to move, as the horses' hooves stepped foot onto the dirt. Then, your bodyguard began to speak once more shortly after.

"That is a skill that requires an immense amount of concentration. It is not highly recommended for others to use, as it can potentially drive them into madness if not used correctly. Mine, however, requires a sharp object to pierce through my skin in order for the blood to be of use."

"Then how were you able to wield one without going mad?" You asked Blade once more.

"I only use a limited amount of blood to do so. Those who end up in madness often use it as an extended part of their daily lives. Hence, it is why blood manipulation was considered to be forbidden, unless it was taught by a master who perfected it."

For such an ability like that, you wondered how one would even obtain such a skill, let alone master it. You begin to imagine the pain as each time, your skin has to be sliced open, perhaps even more susceptible to having an infection if not treated properly after. You did not know Blade's other capabilities in that regard. It was only through gossip and documents that had recorded his strength.