Royalty

The morning greeted you with the vibrant chirping of the birds from your slightly opened balcony door. Your mind and head felt a little bit heavy, tensing up after what happened last night. Not to mention, your eyelids began to droop down, closing shut tightly after you were left sleepless.

"You don't smile that often do you...?"

His words echoed in your mind over and over again. It had only been a few weeks and you began to recall those times. Has it really been that dull? That gazebo...it was a cold memory yet you somehow felt warmth crawling up to your cheeks. It was all from Blade's gentle touch, the gentle tone he had in his deep voice, and lastly, his gaze. You began to recognize now that they didn't look murderous...

Sitting back up from your bed, your body slowly walked towards your bedroom door as usual with your routine. Wake up, open the door, and your breakfast is served. That was your routine for the past several years with your previous guards greeting you with a warm smile on their lips. Yet now it was different, no greetings other than the servant's instead.

Your hand swung the door wide open, and the aroma of your meal flowed through your nostrils as usual. Another morning greeting from the maid as expected. And in front of you was Blade again, emotionless as ever. And again, not a single word from his lips.

                                                    -------------------------------------------------

A few days gone by as the documents on your desk were scattered once again after it was organised in a neat way. Your mind was once again focused and concentrated scribbling each word through the ink on your quilt pen.

It didn't seem like writing out this letter aided your distraction after the lingering thought in the back of your head. Blade was someone who did not speak that often yet you wondered if he too, had smiled in his life. He was stoic, strict, and distant during those few weeks you two had first officially met. You could not read his mind at all.

"Mistress, I've prepared the melted wax from the petals you gave me." A maid bowed, both hands holding the tray aloft with the melted wax within the small metallic bowl.

Standing up, you approached the maid as your hand reached out for the tray she held. Blade, however, grabbed it before you did.

Looking back at him, not a word was uttered in which you wondered if he was getting slightly bored standing at the side of your room all day. A small task would probably not make him die out of boredom. Your gaze went back to the maid, excusing yourself out of your sight leaving you in awkward silence with Blade once again.

"Thank you, but I can get it myself." You breathed before turning your head.

Glancing back at Blade, he didn't utter a single protest towards you; instead, he nodded his head as his hand gave you the tray.

Working back towards your documents with the ink drying up on the paper, your hands reach for the handle underneath your desk opening up the drawer and revealing unused envelopes. Your hands went to work, folding the documents and letters and sliding them inside the envelope.

"You've been working on those documents for a while, Mistress." His voice remained the same as ever, expressionless and monotone. You thought he would've been slightly more expressive after a few weeks. You were wrong, however.

Looking back towards Blade your hands settled the unsealed letter on your wooden desk you caught a glimpse of his eyes with a slight hint of curiosity. "Well, of course, I need to make my own connections with other nobles if I ever need them in the future."