Childhood Sweetheart

Sometimes you can't be with your first love earlier in life but maybe you can later on. Life throws obstacles in your way. Yet they will always meet throughout the years.

AGE 16

Him: I wish I could be with you

Her: I know

Him: Do you? Because I've always wanted to be with you as soon as I knew you liked me but now I'm moving it can't happen

Her: Look, maybe it's not our time it's just how things are

Don't give me that look. You'll make it harder than it already is. I'll see you when I see you.

AGE 18

Coming to my home town had been hard. She has been talking with my sister her best friend but not me and it hurts. I came home to hang with my mum and sister at the same time as hoping to bump into her.

It's been two years since I've seen her and when I finally see her. She is stunning. She is wearing a cream lace dress with heels. The girl who is my twins best friend never liked wearing dresses and heels but this girl I don't know who she is.

I made it to her graduation party where all our friends are. I hug my twin sister who makes me look in her direction. She is laughing and having fun with our friends.

When I stand behind her, all their attention snaps to me standing behind her. She slowly turns around and I am stunned at seeing the happiness in her eyes. We don't touch, we just stand there looking at one another.

Smiling down at her I brush a strand of hair behind her ear. I watch the blush form on her cheeks when we hear everyone aww behind us.

We danced we laughed and we smiled like we never parted. I wanted to steal a kiss but I knew if I did I would want more but I have to go back to the reality I now have living with my father.

AGE 19

I think about him but then I shake it off and carry on with my work.

His sister tells me he asks about me. I know he's met someone but she tells me he won't go further with her. Like something or someone is stopping him.

I roll my eyes. I'll always love him but I'm not in love with him like I once was. He has a life somewhere else now and so I decide to move on.

We meet up for lunch and I stop in tracks when I see him sitting at the table with a couple of our other friends. I'm a nervous wreck when he turns around and smiles at me.

The only seat available is the one next to him. I groan and sit beside him. I politely say hello and soon enough we fall into comfortable conversations across the table.

Later... I hear a tapping at my window. I look away from my computer screen to see him smiling at me before climbing through.

Before I can get up I feel his lips press against mine and I am lost. I am a hopeless wreck under his touch.

Him: I wanted you all day

Me: What about that girl you're with?

Between taking our clothes off, he tells me he needs this and to not think about her. And I did. The last thought on my mind was the girl he was supposedly seeing.

His kisses were setting my skin on fire, his hands massage into my skin where he pulls me closer and presses himself inside me.

I lost my virginity at a young age and so did he. We were not each other's first. I know this is a one night thing my mind accepts that. But my heart longs for more.