Walking back into my life (2)

Some are a bit confused about the last scene. The main girl had a child to her ex's rival who she fell in love with after her ex had left her. Now the ex is back he wants to be a part of her life... Should she give him a chance?

●●●●●●●●●●

I wanted to see how things would go with him but after what happened at the bbq I was a little hesitant.

I haven't seen him a whole lot but he does send me texts to let me know he is still there.

He left me not long after high school and after that I avoided him. I am his twins best friend but that didn't mean I was going to stop being her best friend.

"I was wondering if you would like to go out to dinner tonight?" I hear Paul say behind me. I look to his twin who is smiling at me while she had my daughter on her lap. My best friend is my daughters god mother so I'm here all the time but Paul being her brother and back in town is here just as much

"I don't know, Vincent usually has her friday nights but he's having to work the night shift so I'm not exactly free" I say without turning around

"We'll watch her" Lucy tells us "We will have heaps of fun while mummy goes out won't we?"

"Where's mummy going?" My girl asks

"Out to dinner with a special friend" Lucy points to Paul

"Pauly is taking my mummy? Ok I stay with aunty Lucy" I turn wide eyed at the two of them. Thick as thieves and Lucy wonders half the time where my daughter gets her habits from.

"That settles it, let's go" Paul grabs my clutch and my hand "Bye guys we will see you in a bit"

"Bye mummy have fun"

Fuck fuckitty fuck fuck!

Paul opens my door for me and closes it once we get to his car. I felt like a high school girl all over again. I feel nervous at the same time as anxious being alone with him.

"I'm sorry for springing this up on you so suddenly, I feel like I don't know you all that well anymore" he says as he drives us

"A lot of things have changed, we've both grown and doing adult things" he sighs. I know what he wants to say. He sent me a novel the other night saying how much he has missed, how if he never left he would be the father of my child. I sigh and turn to him with a smile "We can get to know the people that we are now and if we don't like who we have become then we don't pursue anything more... how does that sound?"

"I like the sound of that"

....

I've never laughed so much in a long time. With Vince he made me laugh but nothing like Paul. I know I'm guarding my heart but I am giving him a shot, getting to know the new Paul, this grown man I know for sure I'm going to fall hard and fast. I did before and when he wants something he always gets what he wants.

There are things we already knew about each other, as people say some things don't change but then there things that we never knew about each other.

For instance that I'm partners with Vincents girlfriend. We co-own a restaurant. She's the chef and I manage it. The look on Pauls face when I said that he thought what everyone else thought. Vince never cheated and Sophie only became co-owner six months ago. Vince and I have been broken up for a year and a half before I introduced the two to each other.

I didn't realise how long we had been out together until I hear my phone ringing

"Hello" I know its Lucy calling but at the same time it could be my daughter

"No rush coming back here tonight, baby girl is fast asleep... Stay out go dancing spend some time with Paul" I can practically see the smile on her face through her words

"Thanks but no thanks, I think I'll catch up on some sleep, it's my weekend off and I'll just pick her up in the morning" I look up to see Paul staring at me

"You will pick her up later in the afternoon go back and enjoy your date, I'll see you tomorrow" She hangs up and I continue to look at Paul

"Would you like to go and get a drink?" He asks smiling. His smile is beautiful. I nod my head grabbing my purse and following him out the door.

I jump a bit when he takes my hand in his, guiding me to a bar a block away from where we were "Guess who owns this place?" He asks as I tilt my head a little bit, he chuckles "I do"

As we take a seat at a small table, he is greeted by a couple of his employees, he tells them which drinks to make us. I smile at him, at the way he lights up around his team. We continue to talk for hours, about this place taking up his time since moving back home, what the plans are for this place and what his future holds.

I sense him hold back on the future talk, this makes me smile. I don't know what my future holds just yet, I've always been the type to take it one day at a time

"Maybe we can go to my restaurant another night when you are free?" I say as I take a sip of my second drink

"Are you asking me out on a date?" I shrug my shoulders blushing "I would love to" He looks around as the bar begins to pick up with customers "Would you like to dance with me?" I nod my head, skulling back the rest of my drink and take his hand

He moves us to the dance floor and pulls me close to him, close enough that our noses are nearly touching and I can smell the beer on his breath. I can smell the masculine cologne that is seeping out of his pores, cologne has always clung to his skin and it is such a sexy thing knowing a man can still smell so good throughout the night.

His manly scent is driving me wild and I can feel myself heating up with a need to have him. His hands move around to my hip, then back to the top of my ass in slow movements. He use to do this when we were younger and it drove me insane that I use to pull him into the nearest bathroom and fuck him like crazy. He pulls me closer making his body press right up to mine, to which I feel everything. When I mean everything, I feel how hard he has become.

I moan as he rotates his hips along with mine to the beat. I lift my hands in the air above our heads smiling as we sway in time. He was making me feel so free, making me feel once again.

"Let's get out of here" he whispers into my ear. He pulls me away to grab my bag from behind the bar then leading us back out to the car.

I'm suddenly pushed up against the passenger side door with my hands around Pauls neck "I know we said slow but I need this" Suddenly his lips are on mine. His hands moving over my curves, our tongues stroking the other