Walking back into my life

I may be a sappy female but I've never loved anyone as much as I love him.

Seeing him again after all these years brought back so many memories.

Memories I so badly wanted to close off, but as soon as I saw him smile my way, they all came flooding back.

"I've missed you Megan" I don't reply but the little voice that pulls me away from him always takes my attention. I turn to my daughter and smile

"Hey sweetie, what's wrong?" I bend down towards my girl and watch the small tears fall from her eyes

"Daddy never came for me" I try to blink back my anger but I find it extremely hard. I feel him lean down beside me, my daughter turns her head and looks at him with a frown

"Will coming with me to get an ice cream help make you feel better?"

He is my best friends twin brother I could never forget. Her father was the man he asked me to never hook up with after we broke up. He warned me but I never listened. When did I ever?

He is a good father to her but near the end he wasn't a good boyfriend. He loved me and treated me right but he loved his job more and I had to let him go.

"You know your dad wouldn't leave you without an explanation baby girl" I say to her

"But he left you mama" I try to fight back my own tears when I see him watching me. I could see the anger in his eyes but he tried to hide them.

"Come sweetheart let's go get ice cream"

"Aunty Lucy this nice man is getting me an ice cream" His twin laughs with me at my daughters comments then turns to him beginning to talk his ear off

"Vincent called and said he is running late, he didn't mean to leave Hayley hanging like this... as much as he was an ass he loves her" I nod my head "But my brother stills loves you, I never mentioned to him who her dad is I guess he will soon find out"

Sure enough he did and he didn't hide the anger he felt towards him. I try to stop him for the sake of my daughter so I pull Vincent away

"I'm sorry I really am. I actually called your phone 5 times saying I was running late, is it ok if Hayley meets Sandra today?" I smile nodding my head. Hayley and I both love Sandra to bits and Vincent has changed heaps since being with her. Vincent made a point to him that he was with me to prove I could fall in love with someone else and then he punched Vincent in the face.

"I don't hate him I just don't like how he chose to make a scene in front of hayley" He says. I nod my head as our daughter clings to her father. It always melts my heart when I see her take to him despite him leaving me "Take her while she clings to you I'll see you on monday"

I kiss them both on the cheek and wave goodbye. Vincent and I act like best friends now, we were never good together but we are better as friends

"He's her dad! I can't fucking believe it why did no one tell me? I should've stayed" I hear him yelling from inside the house.

"Paul" I say his name like it use to roll off my tongue when we were younger "He's a good dad a good man now and you just caused a scene in front of my daughter"

I watch Lucy and her husband leave the room which leaves the two of us looking at each other. I'm not happy at all. I can't stop loving him but I love my daughter more than life itself.

"I can't believe you did that.. I know you could never stand him but we were together for 4 years and 3 of those we had Hayley don't think for a second that I was going to wait for you to come back and magically be available with my arms open to you" I rub my forehead "I never stopped loving you deep in my heart but at that time I loved him because he replaced the bits and pieces of my broken heart when you left" I lean back on the couch and look up at the ceiling

"I never stopped loving you either baby girl" He sighs looking down at me. I watch him walk over and crouch down in front of me "But I didn't think you would fall for someone else so quickly"

"You had been gone for 2 years before I was with Vincent and I didn't want to see you everytime you visited when Lucy asked me to come around when you'd be here" I look up to the ceiling when I feel his hands on my knees "I couldn't stand to see you because I knew the hold you had over me back then but now it's less than what it was then"

"I can bring it all back" He whispers as I feel him breathing closer to my face

"You could but it would take some time" I lied to his face but he didn't need to know that. I'm ok with being single. 12 months of being single, going on dates and sleeping around isn't my ideal lifestyle but I've come to terms with it "I've always loved you, don't get me wrong but that pull I had towards you isn't there as much as it was back then"

I open my eyes to see him sitting directly opposite me with a facial expression I couldn't read, body language I wasn't really comfortable with not knowing what he is thinking.

"I'm not going anywhere, I'm home for good now"

My brain wasn't registering what those words meant, but my heart knew... Oh it definitely knew what those words held and I was terrified of finding out.

.....................................................................................................................................

Look out for part 2