My Heart

He said I am the love of his life and I find out that he is marrying my cousin.

We were together for so many years and this is what happens.

I had to leave for work for 2 months, he visited me and I visited him. I thought we were in love that we had no secrets between us.

I cried to my cousin who cried as well because she didn't want to do this.

"Why? We've been together for so many years and you say yes to our parents because the only way our parents can get money is for you to marry him?"

She kept crying, she's been crying for days. Actually for months but I never knew why. She kept crying on the phone saying how sorry she was.

"Marina I love you with all my heart, I don't want this I want to marry you and only you" He says this breaking my heart further more than it already is.

"I introduce him to you 5 years ago as my boyfriend, you treat him like one of your own and while I'm away you're planning their wedding? Why are you doing this? I have a successful business, he has a successful business... Why?" My sister holds me back from punching both sets of parents

"You both inherited money from my parents after they died and in the clause we couldn't touch it but if Alice got married..." My mother starts

"You could touch it" My sister says "You all are fucking sick money hungry bastards and I wish you were never our parents"

"Now hold on one minute young lady that is no way you get to speak to us like that" My father tells her

"I have every fucking right to you piece of shit! Breaking your daughters heart with the one person she loves more than her parents, marrying him off to our closest cousin! You could've found someone else to manipulate, like her own boyfriend"

I couldn't stand the way my parents were, they became bankrupt after splurging on holidays for themselves, never use to spend any money on my siblings and myself. It was my grandparents who spent their hard earned money on us. They never understood how their daughters grew to be so selfish and how our fathers let this happen to their children

In their will, their children got nothing but their grandchildren did and we got quite a bit. I was allowed mine to start my business. A franchise that sees a profit of 5 million a year. Its not much compared to Justins business but its still something.

But because they are my parents, my siblings and I fund whatever my parents need. Justin made me put a stop to it because his parents told him to.

"They know what I did for you our second summer together my love, they are blackmailing me and my parents think I've been cheating on you with your cousin" He had wrapped his arms around me holding me in place. I had tensed up at his words.

"We got that fixed up with your parents lawyers and the press aren't allowed to publish it otherwise they will be sued for everything" He kisses the back of my neck where he knows is my weak spot "But they know someone around it" I whisper as he nods

"Marry me my sweet girl" He says pulling me away "It's not how I wanted to ask you... I planned this whole thing before you went away and I was going to ask you when you got back, I was going to take you out to dinner and then make love to you and propose over breakfast the next day but before you finally were finished overseas, they approached me... They want more money and me out of your life, they want to see you broken because of how well you are doing now"

"Ok"

"What?"  He asks confused "You believe me?"

"Why would you be willing to marry someone you have always seen as family? Why would you basically ask me to marry you if you didn't love her like you love me?"