One Tall Boi

You know, my mental image of how tall Grian is keeps fluctuating. Pretty sure he used to be shorter when I started writing this book... Ah well, it's my first book, and there's bound to be a learning curve somewhere.

~~~

Welp, looks like there's no putting this off any longer. He has a spot where he doesn't have to worry about being seen, and he really does need to show Tango what he actually looks like.

He already sent Tango and Scar a message asking them to meet him at his base, so they should arrive any minute now.

Why Scar? To hopefully keep Tango a bit calmer than he might otherwise be. For some reason the bubbly Hermit had little to no fear of him the few times he's seen him at full size, so he's hoping his mentality is contagious.

The sound of fireworks reaches his ears, and he listens carefully for a moment before stepping to the side, cleanly dodging an arrow from the overenthusiastic Scar. He'd been getting 'HotGuy'd' pretty regularly as of late, with the infamous bow making an appearance whenever he gets too lost in his thoughts.

Plans foiled, Scar landed and trotted over, unsure what he'd been called for since Grian hadn't told him. Before he can ask though, more fireworks sound off, and Tango soars into view, circling around the big rock once before coming in for a landing. This Hermit is definitely a lot more nervous than Scar, which makes sense since he was actually told what was going on.

Suppressing a sigh of reluctance, Grian asked, "Anything you wanna ask before we head down? I don't want to catch you off guard with anything, so feel free to speak your mind on things."

"I... I think I just want to get it over with. My imagination will make up worse things the longer I don't know, so let's just get this over with."

"Alright, then follow me."

Scar's definitely realized what's going on by now, if his sudden burst of energy says anything about it. He follows along as Grian walks up to the hole the beacon's beam emerges from, looking around for a door or a staircase.

"I haven't made an actual way down yet, but it's on the agenda. For now... Just try not to hit the ground, that tends to be a fast way to respawn."

With those comforting words, he dropped into the hole, letting himself freefall until he felt the sides of the hole drop away. His wings snapped out to stop his fall, and he wheeled around for a second so he could place a bucket of water on top of the beacon. Tango should manage to activate his elytra in time, but if he knows Scar-

Sploosh

Yup. That's Scar alright.

Picking the bucket of water back up, he held out a hand to help Scar to his feet, unable to resist a grin. If there's one thing that hasn't changed, it's Scar's tendency to take fall damage whenever possible.

"So, is this it?"

"Ah, no, I just haven't figured out how I want to do the entrance yet. This is still just normal Minecraft stuff. The spot we're heading to is a bit more hidden." Heading over to beside the Rift, he ran his hand over the unmarred stone, and it pulled away, revealing a hallway and a door. "I don't want people just walking in on me without being invited, hence the door being hidden."

The further they go, the more nervous Tango is getting, but it's not too bad just yet. Anticipation is just a nightmare on your nerves, especially when it's about a secret like this. Pushing open the door at the other end, he steps to the side to let the two of them take in the room.

Tango looked up, eyes trailing along the basic patterns on the ceiling. "Oh wow, it's... it's really big." Grian snorted, amusement audible. "I mean, I know that the place you showed us back on the main plane was big too, but that doesn't mean this is any smaller."