Demise pt 2

~~~

His actions are coming back to try to bite him, in the form of a "present" from Ren's Big Logz Inc. Now, you might think that the best course of action is to simply not touch it, but where's the fun in that? Instead, Grian buys a fire res potion, two potions of healing, and holds a totem before going to open the suspicious present.

Sure enough, when the chest inside is opened, the floor gets pulled out from beneath him. The hole isn't even terribly well trapped, just a two by one pit straight down for fifty something blocks. He didn't even need his totem to survive this, let alone his fire res or healing pots.

Ren's gonna have to try harder than that if he wants to cause Grian's demise.

~~~

Apparently, if once doesn't work, try, try again.

There is now a row of almost out of reach button boxes, with carpet in front of it. Totally not suspicious in the slightest. Totem, check. Fire res, check. Time to see what these buttons do.

The first button gave him a totem? What? Button two was an ender pearl, three was coal, four was bonemeal. Was this really just a gift? There had to be a catch somewhere in this. Five was a golden apple, six was an egg, seven was a book labeled "BOO!" The last dispenser didn't do anything, and that was everything.

Nothing blew up, no traps activated, it seems like this was really just a gift. Grian started putting the stuff back in the dispensers for the next person to find, seeing as he didn't really need any of this himself. Then, he saw what was in the last dispenser. A dragon head with Curse of Binding on it labeled "DEMISE" sat in it, revealing the true intention of this prank gift.

This whole thing was an attempt to get someone stuck with a dragon head on, which would prevent them from wearing a helmet from that point forward. How incredibly cruel and drawn out that would be. Wonder who's gonna happen upon that without wearing a helmet.

~~~

He knew exactly who he was gonna get stuck with that head. Meeting up with Iskall to talk about their secret Architech bunker, he noticed that a certain member was lacking a helmet. Would this technically reduce his ally's chances of winning? Yes! Was he going to do it anyway? Who would he be if he didn't?

Oh this was great. Iskall didn't even suspect a thing, not noticing at first when the dragon head got dispensed, but he looked hilarious with the oversized head on. The mouth even waggles when he's walking, it's perfect.

The indignant noise just made him laugh, watching his fellow Architech try and fail to pull off the new piece of headgear.

~~~

Well well well, if it wasn't his good friend karma.

Iskall had made a suit-up machine in their bunker, and like an idiot, Grian had walked into it. Now there are two hermits stuck with dragon heads, and he can't even be mad about it since he did it first.

This bit had gone far enough already, but what if they took it further? Two out of the three Architechs had been dragon'd, but a certain Jumbo was as of yet un-headed.

"You know what we need to do now, right?"

Iskall looks confused.

"We need to induct Mumbo into the Dragon Bros."

"Oh absolutely."

~~~

As it turned out, Mumbo was not available for induction, so they'll have to find themselves another target in the meantime. Iskall went off to do his own thing, which left Grian plotting who to get next. Maybe Bdubs? Is this worth the trip to Hermitville?