𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐

Kai helped me to my room from the basement

Kai helped me to my room from the basement. On my bed lay a black bodycon dress, presumably placed there by my father. Despite the physical marks he left on my face, I did my best to conceal them with makeup. I had expected him to hit me and do this shit but I had never expected him to force me to marry someone. My hatred would also be sparing too much of my feelings towards him.

"Grace, he's here. Dad is calling you down," Kai interrupted my thoughts.

"Right, I'll be there in a minute," I replied, taking deep breaths to calm my nerves.

I walked downstairs only to find a large man pointing a gun at my father's face. What the hell was happening?

I stood there in shock, staring at the man with the gun. The man was wearing a black suit, with a black t-shirt underneath. Adrik was supposed to be here and all my instincts were telling me this man was Adrik.

"Are you Adrik?" I asked, my voice shaking with confusion.

The man shifted his gaze towards me, for a moment and then again turned towards my father. "Grace, I'm sorry. I didn't want to end him like this," Adrik said, his voice strained with emotion. "But your father left me with no choice."

"What do you mean?" I asked, still struggling to comprehend the situation.

" He did some fucked up things and now it's time for him and you to pay for them. I'm sorry you are getting involved in this but he left me no choice," he explained, his grip on the gun tightening. "But I can't let him get away with this. I won't let him ruin my life like this anymore ."

I felt a mix of anger and betrayal wash over me. How could he be involved in something like this? And how could my father do something so cruel?

"Put the gun down, Adrik," I said firmly, trying to keep my voice steady. "Violence won't solve anything."

But he didn't seem to hear me. He took a step closer to my father, the gun still pointed at his head.

"Adrik, I said something. Put the gun down.," I said, trying my best to hold back my tears. "We can find another way. It must not be that fucked up."

I looked around to find something to stop him. But it was too late. With a sudden movement, Adrik pulled the trigger.

The sound of the gunshot echoed through the room, and my father fell to the ground, his eyes wide with shock and pain.

I screamed, unable to believe what had just happened. Adrik looked at me, his face twisted with regret.

Kai's tears broke my heart. I could see the pain and fear in his eyes. He was my little brother, and I had promised to protect him. Yet here we were, standing in a pool of our father's blood, with no idea what the future held. I sank to my knees, my body shaking. My brother came to my side and held me, his tears mixing with mine. We were both broken, in more ways than one.

" I never wanted to end him like this but then he made me do it," he said.

Everything felt surreal like I was living in a nightmare. And in a way, I was.

" We are getting married tomorrow so come with me, Luca will have this mess cleaned up and bring your brother with you."

" I am not coming with you, I'm leaving," Kai said with tears streaming down his face.

" Alright, anyways I need Grace not you."

My life had been turned upside down in an instant again, and I had no idea what would happen next. Michael was not wrong about Adrik. He is worse than him. I not only lost my father today but also the hope of living freely according to my will.