Chapter 13

Grace : 

As morning light filtered into the room, I awoke, my thoughts still heavy with the events of the previous night. The weight of my actions hung over me, and the memory of taking a life to protect the devil, my husband, weighed heavily on my conscience.

I couldn't escape the haunting nightmares that had plagued my sleep, especially the vivid memory of the day my mother had been cruelly taken from me. The pain of that loss remained as fresh as ever.

Adrik's presence in my life had become a source of both turmoil and security. He had awakened old demons within me, triggering the nightmares that seemed to haunt my every waking moment.

As I lay there, I couldn't help but contemplate the complexities of our relationship, the choices we had made, and the darkness that seemed to persistently shadow us.

I had saved him, against my better judgment, and now I couldn't shake the feeling that it was a mistake. A voice inside me whispered that I should have let him meet his end, to let the darkness consume him.

But as the anger and frustration boiled within me, another thought took hold. I envisioned myself as the one to deliver the final blow, to end him with my own hands. The idea of shooting a bullet directly into his heart and watching the life drain from his eyes filled me with a cold, vengeful satisfaction.

I will be the only one to put a bullet in his cold heart.

The memories of the men from his mafia organization, the ones who had tormented my mother and nearly taken my life, still haunted me. The image of their laughter, their cruelty, was etched into my mind, and I yearned for the chance to turn the

I will kill him. Get my revenge.

As I got out of bed, the morning light filtering into the room, a familiar wave of discomfort washed over me. I groaned inwardly, hating the arrival of my period. My mood swung unpredictably, and all I wanted to do was indulge in comfort food during my period.

However, today was different. My brother Kai, who usually took care of cooking during these times, wasn't here to help. The realization hit me that I didn't even know how to cook a decent meal, and I certainly didn't have the energy for it in this state.

The prospect of having to fend for myself during this time of the month filled me with frustration. It was a small, everyday challenge, but it was a reminder of how much I relied on Kai's presence and care in my life.

I rushed to the bathroom, the discomfort of my period intensifying with each step. As I opened the cabinet, I let out a sigh of relief upon finding a bunch of tampons neatly arranged inside.

Why does he have tampons in his bathroom?

I grabbed one and quickly went about the familiar routine, grateful for the small comforts that eased the physical discomfort during these times.

After taking care of the immediate discomfort, I returned to the bed, my thoughts still heavy with the events of the previous day and the weight of my determination for revenge.

Feeling a pang of longing for my brother Kai's comforting presence and his cooking skills, I decided to give him a call. With trembling fingers, I dialled his number, hoping to hear his voice and share some of my worries with him.

The phone rang for a few moments before Kai's voice came through on the other end.

"Hello?" Kai's voice answered, his tone professional.

"Kai, it's me," I replied, my voice trembling with a mixture of relief and anxiety.

"Grace? Is everything okay?" he asked, his concern evident.

I took a deep breath, trying to find the right words. "Kai, something happened yesterday. Something. I need you right now."

Kai's voice softened even more, and he reassured me, "You can tell me anything, Grace. I'm here for you."

As I began recounting the events of the previous day, the attack on our home, and Adrik's involvement, Kai listened attentively. His concern grew as he heard the details, and I could sense the worry in his voice.

When I finished, there was a moment of silence on the other end of the line. Then, Kai spoke, "Grace, I wish I could be there with you right now. But where are you? Are you safe?"

I hesitated for a moment, gathering my thoughts. "I'm with Adrik."

Kai's silence spoke volumes, and I knew he had reservations about the situation. I took a deep breath and continued, "Kai, I know it's complicated, but I need you here. Adrik... he's the same person our father described him as. I need you here right now."

There was a long pause, and I could sense Kai's internal struggle. After what felt like an eternity, he finally replied, "He's in the mafia, right?"

After a moment of hesitation, I said, "Yes, this is our chance for revenge. You have to help me."

"Anything for my sister," Kai responded without hesitation. "Text me the address, I'll be there by evening."

Relief washed over me as I heard his words. It was a step forward in our plan for vengeance, and with Kai by my side, I felt a renewed sense of hope and determination.

I was lost in my thoughts when I heard the faint sound of the bedroom door opening. Turning my head, I saw Adrik enter the room, his presence immediately commanded attention. He was dressed in a black shirt and formal pants, the tattoos peeking out from beneath the cuffs of his sleeves and the collar of his shirt. His imposing figure, along with his captivating aura, made it clear that he was a force to be reckoned with.

Adrik's piercing gaze met mine, and he raised an eyebrow. "Whom were you talking to?"

My instinct was to withhold information, but I knew I had to involve him in the situation. "It was Kai, my brother. He's coming here."

Adrik's expression grew serious as he asked for the address. Reluctantly, I shared the information with him.

"Get out of bed, Grace," he commanded.

I let out a frustrated sigh. "Why?"

He responded with impatience, "Because it's 11 in the fucking morning."

The irritation in my voice grew. "Why are you so demanding, Adrik? Can't you be more considerate for once?"

Adrik's voice hardened as he pushed back, "Consideration isn't what you need right now. Get out of bed."

I couldn't let him dictate everything. "I'm not your puppet, Adrik. I have my own needs and boundaries."

His frustration was palpable as he argued, "Well, I'm there to satisfy your needs, wife and you think you can just do whatever you want, don't you?"

I shot back, unwilling to back down, "And you think you can control everything, including me?"

"Yes, I can and I will, wife," he retorted, his tone firm.

"Well, no. If you think you've got an obedient wife, then no. I'm sorry for disappointing you, husband, but I won't be giving in to your commands. I swear to Jesus I will kill you and I'm not fucking kidding."

"What the hell is wrong with you?" he said as his phone rang, interrupting our heated exchange.

You, you are wrong with me.

PLEASE GUYS VOTE AND COMMENT, EACH OF THEM MEANS A LOT TO ME AND KEEPS ME GOING.

- LIYA