𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟒𝟓

"You need to take care of your eating habits and take less stress, it would affect your baby," the doctor had told me when I had visited her a week ago

And I have been doing exactly the opposite and it's not my fault. I try to eat but the moment food comes in my sight, bile rises up my throat and all I want to do is vomit. It's not as if I don't want my child to be healthy but I can't do anything about it.

Even if I want to vomit I still eat and most of the time I vomit after eating. It's as if no food is reaching my baby but what should I do? The doctor is saying as if I intentionally am not eating and I don't want my child healthy. Of course, I don't want that and she is not understanding that.

I literally force the tablets and food down my throat for the sake of my child.

At least Adrik understands that. He understands that I am trying to eat the healthy shit he prepares for me. In the past two weeks he has been anything but helpful. He doesn't even spend his time in his office. He has even stopped hanging out or whatever he used to do with Jeremy.

I don't know but I have a feeling something is wrong with Jeremy. I haven't seen him since the hospital incident. I even texted him and Kiara but none of them responded and when I asked Adrik, he told me they broke up.

Like Jer and Kiara broke up. They were so adorable together. I didn't push him further to know the details. And speaking of Kai, he was excited when he got to know I was pregnant. He didn't ask me anything, he was just happy for me. Happy for us.

Well everything is going good except for the fact that Adrik never responded to my confession. He had fucked me rough that night and after that he didn't speak a word to me about it. He didn't say those dirty things he always says.

I don't know what's wrong but something is because why would he not speak to me about it. It's not as if I have done something wrong. I had just confessed my feelings. It's not wrong to accept what we feel, is it?

"What are you thinking about?" Adrik asks me as he combs my hair.

"Nothing," I whisper.

"It sure as fuck isn't anything,"

"Shut up," I tell him, getting irritated. I don't want to tell him that I am worried about the fact that what if he doesn't love me. He is literally the perfect husband but what if he doesn't love me.

I'm carrying his fucking child.

"Well you can kiss me or sit on my face and shut me up," he grins at me.

"Keep dreaming buddy," I tell him as I get up but he holds my wrist and pulls me towards him until I land on his lap.

"What's wrong?" he asked me.

"Nothing,"

"Grace-," he started but I cut him off as I said, "You want to know what's wrong? It's the fact that I confessed that I love you and you are ignoring that. I'm fucking worried that what if you don't love me. I'm scared about the fact that what if you won't ever love me."

He chuckled as he wrapped his arms about my waist and snuggled his face in the crook of my neck breathing in my smell.

"What the fuck are you doing?" I asked him.

"Hugging the woman I love," he murmurs.

I try to push him off as the realisation sets in of what he just said right now. 'Hugging the woman I love.' Holy motherfucker. He loves me. He loves me back.

My lips part as I ask him, "The fuck did you just say?"

He directs a lazy smile towards me as he says, "I love you, Luna."

____________

"Adrik, my stomach hurts," I tell him as I feel bile rising up my throat. I rush to the bathroom as I empty my stomach.

I had eaten salad like ten minutes ago and it's all out now. What if something happens to the baby?

Tears swell my eyes as I feel Adrik behind me rubbing my back.

"Hey, it's okay," he murmurs comforting words but none of them help me. What if the baby dies?

"What if something happens to the baby?" I ask him whispering as he makes me drink some water.

"Vomiting is absolutely normal during pregnancy. Nothing will happen to you or our baby," he whispers as he engulfed me in his comforting embrace.

"But what if-," he cuts me off as he says, "Shh, it's all okay. C'mon you read your book and I'll prepare some tea for you, okay? It will help your stomach and the headache."

He hands me the book as he carries me bridal style to the dining room and leaves for the kitchen after making sure I'm comfortable.

How can anyone not fall for him? He is the best.

I dive into the book, entering a different world and forget about the damn anxiety about my child. I read pages after pages until I feel someone stare at me.

Adrik.

I turn my gaze towards him as I find him sitting in the seat next to me, his face resting on his palm as he stares at me with a soft smile on his face.

How long has he been staring? Why didn't I realise he was here? Oh yeah, my airpods.

"What are you doing?" I ask him as I use my phone as a bookmark and close the book.

"Staring at my beautiful wife," he says smiling as he hands me the tea.

"How long have you been staring?" I ask him as I take the tea.

"Long enough to notice that you are the prettiest in the whole world,"

"I love you, Adrik Volkov," I whispered to him as I kissed his cheeks.

"I love you more, Grace Volkov."

Vote and comment:)