𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟒𝟑

Peace

Peace. That's what we feel when we have our loved ones with us, but I am not feeling that feeling with having Grace snuggled in the crook of my body. I don't feel peace, I feel alive. I didn't realise I was not alive the way I was before meeting her. Before falling for her. She has awoken parts of me that I didn't even know exist and I'm sure I have done the same for her.

"I'm sorry," she murmurs, snuggling against my chest.

"What for?" I ask her, keeping my voice neutral, not revealing any emotion.

"For you know," she whispers looking up at me.

"No, I don't know, what for?"

"For misunderstanding," she utters, keeping her gaze low.

"That's not what you need to apologise for,"

"For thinking you used me," she says, biting her lower lip. Fuck, that always gets me.

"Look at me," I tell her, turning my body towards her.

She slowly lifts her head up, her teary gaze meeting mine. She still has been crying and it is breaking my fucking heart to see her cry.

"Don't cry," I whisper in a hoarse voice, wiping a lone tear that escapes her eye with my thumb.

"I'm sorry, Adrik. I was not thinking straight. I don't know," she cried as she hid her face in my chest and I rubbed her back.

"Luna, it's okay. You didn't know about the danger knocking on our doors. It's fine," I told her, kissing her forehead, cupping her face.

"C'mon, eat something. Now, I am going to feed you everything and you are not showing any tantrums because you have my child in your womb,"

"Ours," she whispered.

She is accepting the baby. Fuck.

"Yes baby, ours," I uttered before slamming my lips to hers.

___________

"I want nutella pancakes not berries and bananas," she said scrunching her nose, as I ruffled her hair chuckling.

"That's not good for you or little Luna," I told her, smiling to myself. Little luna. Feels good to say it.

It feels good to know that now I have a family. My wife and my child. Fuck. I can't fucking express how good I feel at this point. My wife is carrying my child. We are starting a family. A child, who is going to call me dad, and Grace mom.

I'm going to be a father.

Grace giggled as she asked me, "Now you have nicknamed our child too?"

"Of course, I have a feeling that it's a she,"

"But I want a boy,"

"Well we don't know anything yet and no, you are getting a salad, banana pancakes and orange juice and that's final," I told her as I flipped the pancakes.