Chapter 25

Grace :

" Grace," Adrik murmurs as he removes the seat belt over me leaning over.

" Luna, wake up." he said, as I shifted in the seat to face him. God, how can someone be so perfect?

" Yes," I said as he got out and opened my door.

My man is a gentleman, I thought to myself. Well excluding the part that he forced me to marry him. As I get out I stumble on my heel and lose balance. I was about to fall but Adrik's hands encircled my waist as he stopped me from falling and leaned over with his bourbon and sin breath falling on my face. He brushes the hair over my forehead as he pulls me closer to him.

" Don't hurt yourself. Your pain is my pain, so refrain yourself from getting hurt" he said, looking at me with affection and then kissed my forehead. The eyes turned a light shade of grey as he knelt down and slipped the heels out of the legs. He took both my heels in his one hand and interlinked his fingers with mine as he led me inside to his penthouse.

My eyes watered as I tried to match my steps with his. This is the first time someone has cared whether I'm feeling pain or has tried to lessen my pain. In Fact this is the first time that someone except my brother has even cared for me. I try my best to refrain the tears from escaping but I fail. He is the same person who forced me to marry him but also who saved me from my abusive father. He turns around as I stop and worry fills his face as he sees me crying.

" What's wrong? Did I do something?" he asks me as he moves towards me.

I shake my head vigorously and I say, " Thank you," and tear up as I hug him. He wraps his arms around my waist as I encircle my arms around his neck.

" What's wrong Grace? Until you don't tell me, I can't fix it." he says with worry filled in his voice.

" You don't have to fix it. Your presence already did." I said pulling back with a grin.

" What are you talking about? One moment you are crying and then grinning like a idiot," he said, flicking my forehead.

" Nothing," I told him, and gestured for him to move to our room.

Their good hours are starting now!!!! but i can assure you all it won't last long. Anyway, are you guys liking the story yet? If you are kindly show some love by voting and commenting cause that's my encouragement. I really hope you guys like Adrik cause i love him. He's gonna be the best husband in the upcoming chapters. Believe me. 

For sneak peaks follow my instagram account liya__writes_. 

- liya ( as always, i love you all)