Chapter 8

The group scatter, Lydia and Rita being left in the centre of the park, unable to move. "We need to go Rita!" Lydia hisses. Rita just shakes her head, standing there. "Come!" Lydia mutters under her breath.

The killer jumps out of the bushes and sprints towards Rita. Rita lets out a muffled scream and attempts to run, but falls to the ground. Lydia punches the killer in the face, but is shoved aside.

Lydia watches as Rita is stabbed brutally right in front of her eyes.

Rita lies there, motionless, lifeless on the ground. The killer turns toward Lydia. Lydia gets up and grabs, what seems to be a piece of metal from the ground and bashes the killer's head. The killer is taken aback, stumbling backwards. Dizzily, the killer swings his knife around, frantically.

Missing terribly, the killer falls to the ground, passed out. As Lydia is about to rip his mask off, she hears a screech.

Lydia turns to face Rita's bloody, bruised, bashed and broken body, Eileen standing over it.

Lydia gets up and runs toward Eileen. "Eileen..." "No Lydia! I'm fine... I'm fine. I'm fine. Just leave me the fuck alone. Leave me alone. Alone. Fucking alone." Demands Eileen. Lydia stares at Eileen with this look, this terrified look.

"Eileen, let me take you home..." "NO LYDIA! LEAVE ME THE FUCK ALONE. NOBODY CAN FIX WHATEVER SHIT THIS FUCKING MURDERER HAS DONE!" Eileen screams.

At some point the rest of the group is there, approaching Eileen. "YOU ALL JUST LEAVE ME ALONE. AS ALONE AS ANYONE CAN FUCKING BE." Screeches Eileen and she darts left, running away.

Lydia turns to face where the murderer had been but he is gone. "Shit." She mutters. "Lydia, are you... okay?" Alaine asks, not looking at Lydia but at Rita's body. "I'm fine." Replies Lydia. But she's not fine. She's not fine at all. But Lydia would never admit that. Never in a million years.

a/n: got to be my fav part so far, Lydia is such a fighter <3 - sorry for so much swearing XD. + I made an audio sort of book for this chapter since it's my fav! Made on eleven labs, if you want me to do this for all the chapters lmk! Here it is:

From my YT channel! ;)