Chapter 10

Maxine pulls a magenta sweater over her head and puts on her black converses. Maxine does her hair in a tight bun, her fridge hanging in her face. "Mum, I'm going out to meet the girls!" Yells Maxine over her shoulder as she leaves.

Maxine walks across the street, keeping an eye out for the girls. "Maxine!" Yells Alaine, running towards her. "Hey!" Replies Maxine. Eileen and Lydia follow behind Alaine. "How you doing Eileen?" Maxine asks, sympathetically. "Please don't feel sorry for me. I'm fine. I'm sorry I didn't mean to freak out like that." Replies Eileen, giving Maxine a hug. "It's alright. It's normal." Says Maxine, smiling. "Is it?" Lydia asks, in her usual grumpy tone. Alaine shoots Lydia a look.

"And how are you Lydia?" Asks Maxine. "Fine." Lydia grumbles, "Can we just go? We are going to be late for the movie." "Yeah just wait!" Says Alaine, pulling out her phone, "Oh my god." She exclaims. "What?" Asks Maxine, frowning. "Florence... she... she was murdered last night." Replies Alaine, staring at her phone. "First Andy now Florence?! This is getting insane!" Says Eileen, shaking her head.

"Hey. Isn't that Katelyn and David?" Says Maxine, pointing to a couple on the side of the road, laughing. "Who are they again?" Asks Lydia. Maxine glares at her. "Katelyn. Danny's sister. David's her boyfriend." Replies Eileen. "Right.." Lydia rolls her eyes.

"Hey guys!" Yells Maxine, across the road. Katelyn waves. "Hey!" Replies David. The couple turn and begin walking towards the group. Suddenly there's a loud ticking noise. "What is that?" Asks Lydia, frowning.

There's a loud 'bang!' And flames and everyone is on the ground, unconscious.