ONE ([0.011]): A Unexpected Golden Hour

[CLICK}

ARCHIVIST

(weary) Alright, so... where do we start?

AIRY

(idiot his name is liam) Uh, Backpack, what are you doing here?

ARCHIVIST

I would've gone home, if we weren't chased and injured by an ex-statement giver in the tunnels, in the dark!

AIRY

There... Was there a power outage?

ARCHIVIST

Didn't you know about what happened?

AIRY

I didn't... Well... uh, keep... surviving, I guess.

ARCHIVIST

(distraught, under breath) What?

AIRY

What... are you... recording?

ARCHIVIST

Right, I, uh, I wanted to hear everyone's account during the outrage, Airy.

AIRY

(dazed) Huh. Okay.

[AIRY'S FOOTSTEPS, PRESUMABLY WEARING FLIP-FLOPS, STROLL AWAY; FOLLOWED BY A GENTLE THUMP]

ARCHIVIST

That was... weird.

BRYCE

(fading in) How're you holding up?

ARCHIVIST

..I'm doing... quite alright. Asides from the big scar that is across my face now.

BRYCE

Don't pressure it. You look cooler with that face scar, you know.

[BRYCE'S FOOTSTEPS STROLL FOR A BIT; THEN A IMPACT ON A CHAIR]

[THERE IS A MOMENT OF SILENCE BEFORE IT'S FOLLOWED BY A BEAT]

ARCHIVIST

Right, do you want to start?

BRYCE

I mean, yeah.

ARCHIVIST

Right. Statement of Bryce Hansen, regarding his time in the tunnels, during the outrage. Statement recorded direct from subject. (ahem) You can go now.

BRYCE

(sigh) I found something else down there. It wasn't Oscar but... During my quest to find you, Texty and I somehow got lost and we stumbled upon something disturbing. You see, it was a room filled with walls and walls of papers depicting simple renditions of eyes that seemed to move if I moved. That wasn't the creepiest thing down there. The creepiest thing was there were papers scattered all around the floor, and written on it, in a rushed and messy handwriting was: BEAR WITNESS, and as I laid eyes on what was ahead of me, I could partially see a corkboard with red strings. Attached to it were polaroid photos of people whom I didn't recognize and photos of us.