ONE ([0.019]): Obscured/Leering Eyes

tw:  body horror, spiders, mentioned eye gouging/trauma

[CLICK]

ARCHIVIST

Okay, just to make sure, Sketchpad, right?

SKETCHPAD

Yep. Did you know that this fan-fiction used to be in original narrative format, and that it used to have a different plot?

[A BEAT.]

ARCHIVIST

...I see.

Statement of Sketchpad, regarding an strange invitation from an unknown stranger. Statement recorded direct from subject, September 31, 2016. Statement begins.

SKETCHPAD (STATEMENT)

Someone had invited us here. I don't know who, but I had a feeling they wanted us all dead.

It all started a few weeks back, when me and my dad, Speaker, received a brown envelope in the mail. When we opened it, there was a brown paper with an outline of a manor, three stories high, two round windows to the side, and two patches of grass surrounding it. Below the illustration, there was text which read, "You've Been Invited", with no more than cryptic understanding aside from a signature; a name in very cursive writing: Bassy. Now I didn't know who Bassy was, or why they would've sent this letter to us, but they wanted us to come to this specific location in particular. Along with the brown memo they sent us, there was also a white flash card---of the address we were going to. Speaker looked at me; confused and concerned, shrugged, "I mean there's probably a party there. Besides, what harm could a party do anyways?" I smiled at the idea that Speaker implored. I loved parties, as it'll be fun to meet others in person, and to get food.

So then we set off in the direction of the location the event was held at. Speaker didn't realise that we didn't need many things to take with us, so we only brought a travelpack with us, as we went into our car—driving to the location Speaker put in—-that was from the invitation itself. When we arrived, there were 5 people already there, their names being Spray Paint, Tophat, GPS, Mouse, and Ring, as we all got to know each other. The interior of the mansion was rather beautiful; a red carpet leading inside the manor, from the entrance, beige arches matching with maroon walls, and white ceilings.

For some reason, there was nothing aside a large buffet displayed in the middle of the room, which Speaker found suspicious---but Spray Paint and Mouse burst forth, and started chomping away at the food--Ring did a double take at them then glanced to us, "I don't think I wanna eat anymore." She commented.

As the moments went by, 6 of us began to wonder and chat about who had invited us here and why they would.invite us here, one of us, GPS---had befriended a spider, but Tophat dragged him away from it, and I think Tophat was an arachnophobe. You know, because I don't think most spiders are that scary, I think they're cute actuallyImeanlikehaveyouseen---

ARCHIVIST

Sketchpad, go back on track, please.

SKETCHPAD

Sorry.

SKETCHPAD (STATEMENT)