𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟓

Every villain possesses a motive, a deep-seated hurt that needs mending, and a concealed narrative

Every villain possesses a motive, a deep-seated hurt that needs mending, and a concealed narrative. Not all villains act solely on their desires, but some do which makes them different, and interesting. Some just do it because they can, because they have the power to do so. It's not his fault that his opponent is weak and powerless.

Michael Amber had the power to kill my family, but he did not kill me. If he had killed me too, this world might have been a better place. But he chose not to, his mistake which led to his death. Now, he got an easy death. So someone has to pay for sins. Grace Amber.

She will pay for his sins. My dearest future wife will.

" Where are we going?" she asks, looking towards me.

I keep my eyes on the road and say, "To meet my Pakhan."

She stares at me wide-eyed, shocked. " You are in the mafia?"

" Hmm", I replied, without paying much attention to her.

When our car comes to a stop in traffic, I make a call to Jeremy, the only person I trust and consider a friend.

"We're headed to Arthur's house. Make sure Dimitri or Vladimir are not there," I instruct.

"You got Grace, but what about Michael? Is he with you?" Jeremy inquires.

"I killed him," I replied bluntly.

"In front of her? I told you to let me accompany you."

"Make sure Lev is there. Let him know of the plan," I say before ending the call with Jeremy and dialling Luca's number.

Luca, my loyal guard and trusted assistant, answers promptly.

"Yes, boss," Luca replies.

"Have all the arrangements made. We'll be there shortly," I instruct Luca, ending the call without waiting for a response.

As our car finally moves through the jam and approaches Arthur's mansion, I can't help but feel the weight of the situation pressing down on me. The decisions I've made, especially the one to eliminate Michael Amber, are of course according to my plan, which I have been planning for 9 years. Since I was twenty-nine.

Grace, who has been quiet during the call, finally breaks the silence. "Who were you talking to?"

I glance at her briefly, still keeping my focus on the road. "That's none of your business."

She doesn't press further, seemingly lost in her thoughts. It's probably better that way. The less she knows about me, the better it'll be.

When we arrive at Arthur's mansion, it's an imposing structure that exudes power and opulence. The guards at the gate recognize me, and we're allowed entry without any hassle.

Inside, I notice Luca, my steadfast right-hand man. He's a tall, imposing figure with a shaved head and an air of unwavering loyalty. Luca has been with me for years, and I trust him implicitly.

"Boss," Luca nods in acknowledgement as we exit the car.

"Luca, if Dimitri or Vladimir come, don't let them come in," I instruct him.

"Of course, boss," he replies, casting a glance at Grace, who seems lost in her thoughts and a bit anxious. I slip my hand around her waist, and she tries to pull away, but my grip tightens.

As we make our way inside the mansion, I lean close to Grace and whisper, "You must remain silent. If you speak, you won't like the consequences."

"I won't let you—" Grace starts to protest, but I cut her off sharply, saying, "Keep quiet." As we enter Arthur's office, I find him, Jeremy and Lev waiting for me. Arthur, a distinguished man in his 60s with salt-and-pepper hair and a strong jawline, sits behind his grand wooden desk, exuding an air of authority.

"Pakhan," I greet Arthur with a nod. His sharp blue eyes, framed by a well-defined jawline, scrutinize the situation.

"Who is she?" Arthur asks, gesturing toward Grace, who stands next to me.

"The mother of my child," I respond, pulling her closer. Grace attempts to speak, but my grip on her tightens, silencing her.

"Mother of your child? Explain," Arthur demands, his anger evident in his clenched jaw.

"Jeremy, Lev, and I went to a club on Monday. I met her, and we had a one-night stand," I explained.

"Were you with him at the club?" Arthur asks, looking at Lev and Jeremy for confirmation.

"Yes, Pakhan, we were at the club," Jeremy confirms. Lev simply nods, remaining silent as usual.

"This was unexpected, Adrik. You will marry her," Arthur says with disappointment.

"It was a one-time thing, and neither of us expected this," I argue, tightening my hold on Grace.

"Get everyone to the church in an hour," Arthur orders, dismissing us before leaving the room.