𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟕

Turns in life often come when you least expect them, weaving the unpredictable threads of our stories

Turns in life often come when you least expect them, weaving the unpredictable threads of our stories. They can have a strange impact, just as no one expected Hitler's actions to affect the lives of Germans.

I never thought I'd end up marrying someone as terrifying as Adrik Volkov. I couldn't have anticipated my father's death at the hands of my future husband. It never crossed my mind that my brother would leave me with this man. And I certainly didn't imagine I'd be preparing to marry such a monstrous individual. Life is a series of unexpected turns, and I've come to agree with it.

I stood there in front of the mirror dressed in a defiant black wedding gown that seemed to challenge the very idea of tradition. The fabric clung to my body, not in submission but in a proclamation of my unwillingness to yield. This was not a dress of celebration; it was a symbol of my resistance.

The gown was embellished with intricate black lace that snaked its way across the dark fabric, like vines of rebellion. Each pattern, each thread, carried my silent message of disrespect and defiance, a protest against the forced union that threatened to consume me.

With every adjustment of the veil that shrouded my face in sheer black, I concealed not just my emotions but my intentions as well. I was determined to defy Adrik in any way I could, even if it meant wearing this dark emblem of rebellion.

I pleaded with Jeremy, who, I must say, is incredibly kind, to find me a black dress. I practically begged him, and after a while, he finally relented. Adrik had chosen a simple, white, elegant dress for me, which I couldn't deny looked beautiful, but the black dress was my voice.

Tears welled up in my eyes as I silently watched my dreams shatter before me. I didn't want to marry Adrik, but I felt trapped, knowing my brother Kai's life was at stake.

"Little one," Jeremy spoke softly, drawing my attention.

I wiped my tears away with the back of my hand and turned to face him.

"Don't cry. I know Adrik is forcing you and threatening your brother's life, but... I know defending him is the last thing I should be doing, but he's my boy. I've known him since I was a kid, and believe me, he's been planning this for nine years," Jeremy said, his voice filled with empathy, pulling me in a hug and I just broke. I don't hold onto my emotions and sob in his chest as he pats my head comforting me.

"I don't know how to explain it, but Adrik is... he's been through hell himself. He's a dark and complicated man, but there's a part of him that's... broken. I've seen it, little one. And I promise you this, I'll be there for you. I'll protect you from his darkness, and together, we'll find a way to make it through this," Jeremy assured me with a reassuring smile.

His words offered me a glimmer of hope amid my despair, and I clung to them, grateful for the unexpected support

" You should probably be not doing that 'cause if Adrik sees you touch his girl you'll be six feet under the ground, you know." I hear Lev's voice laced with amusement. I pull away from Jeremy and find him standing at the corner of the room with his hands in this well-designed tuxedo.

"She's like my little sister, you bastard," Jeremy retorted, his protective instinct kicking in as he pulled me with him to exit the room.

"Yeah, explain this to Adrik," Lev chimed in with a smirk.

"Shut up," Jeremy muttered, and we left the room, leaving Lev's taunts behind.