Chapter 15

Adrik :

If someone knows they can't win a fight against another person, it's smarter to try and make peace with them rather than going into a battle where they'll probably lose and lose face. Making peace shows maturity and wisdom, and it can avoid unnecessary harm and maintain dignity. It also opens up the possibility for future cooperation and negotiations that could be beneficial to both parties. It's about recognizing your limits and choosing the path of least resistance to avoid futile and harmful conflicts.

Despite being fully aware of their inability to match the Indian mafia's strength, the Irish persist in initiating unnecessary conflicts. Recently, a distressing situation arose when the Indian mafia reached out to Arthur for assistance. The reason was the abduction of the younger daughter of their leader, Vikram Singh, by the Irish. Arthur saw fit to involve Jeremy and me in this matter, but I found myself hesitant. The primary reason for my reluctance was Grace's current condition – she wasn't feeling well.

I don't doubt our capabilities, but since my wife is not in the best of health at that particular moment. Dealing with Grace has consistently tested the boundaries of my patience, and I've been increasingly apprehensive about the prospect of reaching a breaking point. If that were to happen, it's uncertain whether Grace would be equipped to manage the consequences of my actions. Grace's discomfort on this particular day was a result of her menstrual cycle, which left her in a state of physical discomfort and vulnerability. As a gesture of support, I took it upon myself to prepare a meal for her.

"I'll inform Arthur that I can't accompany you, and I'll suggest Lev's name," I said, my hand reflexively rubbing the back of my neck in contemplation.

Jeremy's response was filled with a mix of concern and reluctance. "Adrik, you remember what happened the last time I went to India? You can't leave me alone."

My patience was wearing thin, and I responded with a hint of exasperation. "Jeremy, you're not a child."

He pressed the issue, questioning my newfound concern for Grace. "Since when do you even care about her?"

I stepped closer, my frustration evident in my expression and tone. "She's my wife, Jeremy. I have every right to care about her. And I suggest you keep your distance."

Jeremy dropped a bombshell. "By the way, Adrik, Vikram's daughter, Kiara, will also be accompanying us."

I reacted with an air of understanding. "Ah, Kiara. The girl who's had your attention, right? I can see you've got your reasons for this trip."

Jeremy responded candidly, "Well, yeah."

With our discussion concluded, Jeremy and I left the house to head to the meeting. While our relationships added complexity to the situation, our shared goals required us to collaborate. As we set off for the meeting, we were aware of the challenges and uncertainties that lay ahead.

HEY GUYS!! I HOPE YOU PEOPLE ARE ENJOYING READING MY BOOK. IF YOU ARE THEN PLEASE VOTE AND COMMENT, IT IS A GREAT ENCOURAGEMENT. DONT BE SILENT READERS. FOR SPOILERS FOLLOW MY INSTAGRAM ACCOUNT , liya__writes_.

I KNOW THIS A VERY SMALL CHAPTER, SO BY TODAY EVENING I'LL UPLOAD ONE MORE CHAPTER, if I find a good response.

- LIYA ( love you all💞)