Chapter 2: Flatline

The ferry had docked and after getting off the two had arrived at the small town near the caravan. They stop off and get some food and other necessities like toothpaste and some coffee for Natasha, the woman had also gotten her girlfriend a chocolate bar. Natasha continues through the small lanes in the mountains as Al eats her chocolate bar. The man on the radio speaks Norwegian, hearing the names Natasha Romanoff, and Steve rogers, the two know what he is on about. Aloisia turns the radio off and the two drive in a peaceful silence.

They arrive at the caravan, getting out of the car Natasha holds a gun up in front of her, Aloisia had gotten her one from the shadow zone and had stored in the car. Aloisia willed a small flame into her hand. Aloisia had been using the shadow realm a little less lately, she hated to admit it but the public had gotten to her again. Ever since a video had got out of her using her abilities over the shadow realm a lot of theories had circled about, many had called her the devil as she could control fire and shadows. Their words had gotten to her and slowly, she had used it less, Natasha had spoken to her and Aloisia was beginning to access the shadow realm a bit more now.

They both make their way into the caravan, weapons ready. They make through the house, hearing gentle snoring. Natasha lowers her gun, but Aloisia keeps the flame lit. They enter the bedroom and find Natasha's associate, Rick Mason asleep in their bed "you're in our bed" Natasha says after she kicks him in the foot, causing him to gasp and jump awake

"I'm... I'm not even under the covers" he mutters, getting up.

"Well you better get out of the bed" Al mutters fiercely

"Did you get everything on my list?" Natasha asks

"Got passports, entry visas, a couple of local driver's licenses. Mix and match, you should be able to stretch it to 20 or so identities"

"Fanny Longbottom?" Aloisia snorts as Natasha says the name of one of Natasha's identities.

"You caught me off guard blurting that out Nat, it isn't funny" Al mutters, but she knows she's lying.

"What?"

"What, are you 12?" Aloisia grins as Natasha questions Mason

"That is a legitimate name" Rick says as he chuckles, "We've got a generator outside. It's petrol-powered. And the septic tank will need a flush in a couple of weeks, but, you know, I've got a guy coming for that. You have to haul your rubbish into town. It's just a 20-minute drive. I've got your basic hardware kit stashed under the stairs"

"Nice" Nat says with a smile

"Are you okay?" Aloisia winces, knowing he shouldn't have asked that, its not his fault but Al knows being okay is a sensitive subject for both of them.

"Why wouldn't I be?" Nat asks, Aloisia brushes her hand against her girlfriends to let her know she is there.

"I hear things. You know, something about the Avengers getting divorced..." Mason trails off as Aloisia glares daggers at him

"Ugh. It's fine. I'm actually better on my own"

"Excuse me Natasha"

"better off just the two of us" Natasha corrects

"Are you sure?" Mason pushes

"Yeah"

"Because you can tell me, you know. That's the way the whole friends thing works"

"I know. I have friends. Al is right here"

"People who have friends don't call me"

"Come on, I do exist you know. Natasha is my girlfriend, she has friends" Aloisia says to Mason.