The Power of Geometry

The Belmont Hold was truly a goldmine of information.

Practically anything you need to know  about defending yourself against vampires and monsters, you'd find  there. Including all the baddie-beastie hunting weapons you could look for.

The Belmont Hold became a new place of interest for me, especially with it being a significant key to my past and legacy. I've gone there frequently with Alucard over the past several weeks since regaining my memories. There was so much to learn from! Though Alucard wasn't overly enthusiastic about the place, he understood it held priceless information on how to fight vampires, something he said was crucial to learn in this day in age.

I'd taken a few books from the hold and was currently reading one in Dracula's old study about vampire biology and how to use it against them . It was written by a Belmont a hundred years ago who seduced a vampire into becoming her lover. She had documented a lot of information by studying her lover (including a lot about...intimate anatomy of a vampire that was quite interesting to read about and very helpful in understanding my partner a little better. )

"You're kidding me!" I remarked surprised while reading her entry on a vampire's vision. "Vampires don't actually fear crosses, they just get discombobulated by a large geometric shape in their face." Now that was hard to believe.

"Let's see if that's true." I picked up my favorite fidget toy on the desk, one of Dracula's own make that he created for Alucard as a child. It was a sphere that expanded when you pulled it open, and contracted to the size of your fist when you collapsed it down.  Alucard gave it to me and I was obsessed with it.

  Alucard gave it to me and I was obsessed with it

And now I'm going to use it to either prove or disprove a scientific fact

"Alucard!" I called out. "Can you come over here for a minute?"

I heard his nearly silent footfalls enter the room. "What is it, dear?"

"Catch!" I tossed the expanded sphere at him.

Alucard locked still like a deer in the headlights, eyes fixed on the sphere long before it hit him in the face.

"What the hell was that for!?"

"Holy shit she was right!" I scrambled over and picked up the now enclosed sphere.

"Who was right?" Alucard.

"Annelise Belmont! Vampires DO get disoriented by large geometric shapes in their face! That's why they fear the cross!"

If Alucard was miffed at me, he wasn't now seeing the giddy enthusiasm in my eyes. " I had no idea I equipped you with a weapon."He chuffed unamused. "Well done Angel."

"I'm sorry!" I quickly apologized. "My dumb scientific brain got ahead of me again. Are you okay?"

"I'm all right." Alucard responded. "That was quite startling."

"So this disorients you?" I slowly expanded and contracted the sphere in front of Alucard's eyes. He stared at it with an expression of being utterly stunned, as if being hit by a ball before the ball even hit him.

"Oh my god." I giggled.

"Yes yes, it is quite disorienting." Alucard tried not to pout.

"Oh hell yeah!" I opened the sphere. "I've got my own weapon they'll never expect! Those vampires better watch their fucking backs!" I rapidly opened and closed the sphere like scissors.

"Easy, my Angel." Alucard smirked, looking away from the sphere. "You're too adorable for me to be mad at you."

"So I really can use this thing as a weapon?" I said amazed.

"Theoretically yes. Realistically no."

"Why's that?"

"Firstly, you'll be dead before you have the chance to take it out and use it if you're truly in threat of a vampire. We move fast, even if you have it ready. Secondly.." He swiped it from my hands.

"Hey!"

"I told you...we move fast." Alucard grinned.

"Give it back!!" I swiped for it.

"And give you a weapon to use against me?" He lifted it out of my reach. "I think not."

"Give me back my weapon you leech!" I jumped at him, nearly topping on my face when he dashed out of reach.

"You missed, Butterfingers!" Alucard flashed his fangs mischievously.

"Come on! That's cheating!!" I jumped at him again, missing him by an inch.

"You want it? You'll have to catch me." Alucard whirred out of the room leaving an echoing chuckle.

"That's it, you're dead. You're fucking dead." I pursued him. Vampiric boyfriends may be fast, but I am faster, and I'll take back what was stolen from me!