Would You Still Love Me........

"If I was a worm?" I asked stretched out on the couch, staring at the dark ceiling.

"A worm?" Alucard lifted his head from the journal he was writing in. 

"Yes. A worm." I repeated. "Would you still love me if I was a worm?"

"What outlandish question is that?"

"An honest one." I sighed. "Well?"

Alucard remained at his desk, turning his head toward me. The fire lighting his shadowy silhouette. "If you were  a worm, I would still love you with every fiber of my being. I'd hold your tiny squirming body always close to my heart, and protect you from the birds and beasts eager to swallow you up. I would plant for you in the garden the perfect soil to settle in,  and flowers to shield you if I could not. Every night I would cup you in my hands and whisper into your little worm senses, how much I love you, and blessed I am for you to have wormed your way into my heart."

I blushed. "Really?"

"Yes, my angel. I would still love you if you were the tiniest squirming worm."

My heart melted. "What if I was a wyrm? Would you still love me then?"

"I don't understand." Alucard shifted in his seat. "I just answered that."

"Would you still love me if I was a wyrm. W-Y-R-M. A dragon."

"Of course." Alucard chuckled and spoke my name. "I would love you no-matter the form you took."

"Even as a man?" 

Alucard answered without hesitation. "Yes."

"I'm serious." I sat up. "If I came barging through your castle door on that dark and story night as a man, would you have still fallen in love with me?"

"Yes." Alucard answered with clarity. "I find men just as attractive as women, and you would have found your way into my heart regardless. What brings this up?"

"I was man-shaped." I admitted. "Long ago. Angels are naturally sexless, but they can take the physical form of any creature and both sexes, I remember taking a man's shape a few times in the ancient past, but I always preferred the female body, it just felt better to me. I just wondered, if I preferred a male form....."

"I would love you as equally as I do now."

 "Thanks." I lay down again resting my hands on my belly. My chest rose and fell in relief.  " It's a good thing I had a preference for a female shape. Made the decision easier."

"What decision?" Alucard asked.

"The decision to have my son." I revealed. "I got pregnant. I carried him to term and gave birth to him. That bound me to a female body permanently. I could still shapeshift into different creatures afterwards, but they were all female, and even the act of shapeshifting into something other than human became harder for me to do."

I traced my hand over the thin  white  stretch marks on my belly. "I never regretted having my son and I still don't."

"I am glad." Alucard got out of his chair and kissed my lips before kissing my belly.  I giggled and Alucard didn't relent despite my squirming. "You're tickling me." 

"You're wiggling like a worm." Alucard laughed before nuzzling my cheek. "Always my love."