By the Fire

The the wind rattled our windows as the rainy gust pounded the castle's stones, yet inside the bedroom was still and serene. A warm orange glow cast over the room, making it seem like an ethereal calm space.

I nestled under several layers of woolen and furred blankets, huddling my naked body against that of my mate's. It was one of those nights where clothes were sensitive against my glyphs, but his warm body pressed against mine wasn't. His heartbeat is booming against my ear like a slow melodic drum, and his arms caged around my back.

Paradise. Worth losing my wings for if that was really what happened. Only one thing ruined the moment.

"Damn ." I moaned.

Hands coursed up my spine to my hair. "What's wrong, my dearest?" A voice breathed.

"I have to go to the bathroom."

"Then go." Alucard chuckled.

"And leave the comforting warmth of my deep resting place?" I sighed.

"You'll come back."

"Maybe I can wait until morning."

Alucard's hand traced down my spine before lingering at the small of my back, tickling the glyphs above my sacrum. "Stop that! You know that makes me ticklish!" I whispered giggling.

"I thought you liked that." Alucard.

" I do, but if you tickle me right now I'll laugh so hard I'll pee on you!"

"Then empty your bladder so I can without risk."  Alucard's chest rumbled beneath me in a chuckle.

"Fine." I grumbled. 

It took every bit of willpower to step out of bed. I wriggled my feet into the slippers and wrapped myself in the bear pelt, stepping through the dark cobbled hallways with a light orb floating in my palm.

"The Lady of Castle Dracula." I murmured humorously to myself in the mirror. A naked woman-formed angel wrapped in a giant furry pelt blanket. The rain pattered harshly  on the windowsill as I did my business. My exposed skin prickling goosebumps at the cold. Once I took care of that, I lumbered back to bed, looking like a tired bear prowling to its cave.

The warm glow of the bedroom welcomed me. I closed the door and tended the fire, adding more wood to fuel.  When I turned around, my frosted breath gasped in the air. Alucard hadn't pulled the blankets over him and lay blissfully sprawled out on the bed, fully naked and practically golden in the firelight. He could have been the physical manifestation of a Greek god, hair shimmering in the firelight,  curling across the mattress with a lock at his cheek. His chest slowly rose and fell, revealing the pink scar marring his divine skin.  He was utterly beautiful, and for a moment I wondered if I was the real angel here.

I'm a bad angel. I thought, gazing on him  naked in the golden light, appearing so divine, stirred not so divine thoughts within me. Bad, bad angel!

"Lay with me." Alucard hummed.

"I will..." I murmured.  I lay myself next to him with the pelt over me. "You're not cold?"

"No." He murmured, eyes still closed. "It's warm, and I'm very content"

"I can tell." I quickly looked away, Trevor would've been able to hit and hurt him then. I breathed, letting the feelings pass as I pulled the blankets over us. 

"Come closer so I can hold you and feel your warmth." Alucard murmured.

"Do you mind if I lay on you?"

"Never."

"Are you sure?" I asked giddy.

"Yes." He smirked. "I can smell it. There's nothing to be ashamed of. If that's what you want to do, we shall." He reached over and touched my cheekbone. "I'll try not to bite you too hard."

"Actually.....I just want to lay on you, like I did before. I want to feel your warmth and your heartbeat against my chest. Is that all right?"

"Of course."

Beneath the layers of blanket I inched to him and gently lay myself on him. He sighed, as if in relief and caged me again in his arms. Part of the sheet wrapped around my pelvic area. If we wanted to go further, it would be removed.

My chest shuddered in giggles.

"You're very ticklish aren't you, little one?" A

"Yes." I admitted grinning, nuzzling into him. "You're worth it."

"Worth what, angel?"

"Worth whatever I got my wings burned and booted out of Heaven for. As far as I'm concerned, this is Heaven."

"It is." He kissed me.  "I love you."

"I love you too."

Our words fell silent as we fell asleep in each other's hold, warm by the firelight.