CHAPTER EIGHT

Y/N's POV:

Uncle klaus pushed the cart I was in "Yeah!" We both shouted as he ran through the halls "go faster! Faster!" I shouted. "Coming through!" Klaus shouted even though no one was there.

We stopped at a door and I hopped out of the Cart. "Squirt, make with the key on this one. Chop-chop." Klaus said to me. "Let me check" I scanned the list "nope, this room isn't on the list, and I'm definitely not gonna clean a room that isn't even on the list"

"White Buffalo" Klaus muttered . "I could pick the lock but dad took away my switchblade" I sighed. "Yeah stand down, you know, I once had to pick a lock with my teeth while partially paralysed on quaaludes. Oh man, that was an evening. Alright. Keep watch our for me, my favourite niece".

I tilted my head in confusion. "Aren't I your only niece?" I asked. Klaus continued picking the lock, "nope. You have a cousin called Claire. I believe" "I think I've heard of her, what happened to her?" "Well...life is a series of unfortunate events. Especially with this family" he chucked at the last part. (Did you guys see what I did there?)

"Got it" Klaus jumped with joy. He opened the door and we both walked in. Klaus whistles as I chuckled at the place. "Whoa...looks like Indiana jones in here!" I ran up to something "Whoa!! A Pachinko! Look at all this".

The machine I was looking at chimed and I smiled. "Ooh what's this?" I ran over to look at some things. "This is so cool". I saw uncle klaus looking at the buffalo head with a frown on his face so I walked up to him.

"You okay Uncle Klaus?" I asked and he snapped out of his thoughts and looked at me. "Yeah...all good" "not sure I believe you hut I hope that you're okay" I patted his shoulder before running off again.

I found a harpoon gun and picked it up. "This is so cool!" I pretended to play with the gun while making make sounds.

Klaus started turning to me while speaking "Hey, come on, chop-chop. Y/n. Gotta go see a man about a buffalo-". My finger had pulled on the trigger without me realising until it was too late.

The arrow went straight through uncle Klaus's chest and hit the wall behind him. He gasped and slowly looked down at the hole in his chest. I stared at him in shock while tears made their way down my face.

"Oh shit" Klaus said and fell onto the ground. I immediately rushed to his side and sat down on the floor next to him. "No! Uncle Klaus!! I'm sorry! I'm so sorry!!" I cried.