CHAPTER TWENTY ONE

Y/NS pov:

we were all sitting down in silence, that was until Uncle Five and reginald walked in. everyone started whistling and cheering.

"woo! Five! yeah!" klaus clapped
"here he is!" luther shouted
"That speech last night! wow" dad spoke
"whoa!" uncle luther said again
"brought me to tears, you big softy." mom teased

"I especially liked when you referred to us as a family bound by destiny and love." Viktor said.

"yes, that was great" said uncle Luther.

mom then stood up and put her arms out, expecting a hug. Five walked past her and took a seat. "okay, enough. it was the booze talking. in the light of day, you're all still deplorable."

"and your days about to get worse. The Norse had seven sleepers. The Blackfoot, seven stars.as a boy, I heard the legend of the seven bells. all these stories are the same. the village is under threat by flood, by fire, by a night that never ends. A Shaman brings his disciples to a sacred cave. He tells them if they can ring the seven bells, the village will be saved, and all will be restored just as it was." Reginald said.

"Reggie" mom started as he turned to her, she continued "can we get a little less brothers grimm and a little more 'what the hell does this have to do with us?'".

"There is a truth to these myths. none of you can deny what's going on around us. all of existence will be gone by the end of the day, but whoever or what we wove together space and time, they left a way. to put things back together. if the universe ever faded total annihilation. There is a portal in the universe. I built this Hotel around it, and on the other side is the answer."

"And...we're supposed to, what? Just stroll in there, ring the bells, and fix this shit?" said Luther.

"Sarcasm aside, you are mostly right. except for the guardian." Reginald responded.

"What kind of Guardian?" Viktor asked. "kinda guardian that does this" dad held up his hand that had a few missing fingers. Luther and Sloane looked in shock.

"he had a sword".

"it is a force to be reckoned with." Reginald said.

"see? yeah. this is where you lose me". Luther spoke.

"this is where he loses you? I checked out the sacred cave." mom reminded as I felt a little guilty since the only reason they went in there is because they were looking for me.

"why would the builders of this 'back door' need to have a guardian?" my uncle asked.

"ah! to protect it from people who want to use it for neparious means."

"that is correct, Sloane."

"so. I guess it's gonna take all of us to defeat the thing protecting the bells." Allison said.

"you're actually buying his crap?"

"how is a guardian and bells any crazier than time travelling briefcases and assassins with cartoon masks?" my aunt asked.

"actually, she got You there" Uncle luther said to Five.

Ben then got up and stood next to Reginald. "I'm in". "me too" dad got up and five was looking around as if he was putting pieces of a puzzle together.

"but I think some of us should stay back. like lila and y/n." Dad said but then mom got up and stood next to him.

"uh...or you can stay. and we can go"

"no. this is much bigger than all of us. nobody can stay back". Allison said. why does she want all of us to go so badly? suspicious if you ask me.

"you, my children. are all that stands between us and oblivion. are we ready to go?" Reginald asked.

"well, I say we vote." Viktor spoke from his seat. "this isn't a democracy." Ben glared. "dad's calling the shots".

"I'm with Viktor, I say we vote." Uncle five spoke.

"The world is ending, and you want to count hands?"

"you're asking us to risk our lives. I think it's only fair you give us time to discuss it. Privately." Luther said.

Reginald scoffed and walked away. "why don't we meet back in an hour?" Luther asked.

"agreed"
"yeah, sure."
"whatever"

——————————————————————————

"'lila and y/n should stay back'" mom referred to what dad was saying earlier "since when do You make decisions for us?".

"I was just trying to make sure-" "is this about y/n and the baby?" Mom interrupted.

"of course it's about them, alright? I go in there, I may die. but if we go in there, succeed, and things go back to normal, I want you here with our kids."

"I'm better in a fight than you are". mom said. "yeah, and I can take care of myself." I defended.

"first of all, no. you're not. and no, you can't" dad responded "and, whoa. lila, this isn't a contest. okay? we barely made it out last time, right? thank goodness that I was able to shut that door. can y or imagine being trapped on the other side with him?" dad said, clearly stressed.

"I don't have to imagine. I was there."

"good. so you'll both stay."

"not a chance. we're going."

"I don't want the world to end! there's so much I still want to do!" I reasoned as mom and dad both looked at me.

mom pointed at me while looking at dad. "y/n wants to save the world. two against one." she smirked.

"why can't I be right? just...just...just once?" dad stuttered.

mom sighed "look, diego, you said you choose me, right? well this is who I am. I'm a fighter. just like you. y/n is a fighter and she has her powers to protect her!"

"I only said that because I thought you'd be nice to me" dad said.

"If you wanted nice, you'd be with someone else." mom got up and walked out of the room, leaving me and dad.

"so...did I ever tell You about how me and my best friend Stanley set a fire in his moms kitchen?...fun story."

dad looked at me weirdly as I laughed awkwardly "very fun..." I said. smiling at the memory.