Chapter One

23rd September 2022

The Russian Grand Prix had been postponed over an hour due to the rain that didn't seem to be dying down anytime soon.

Victoria sat alongside her teammate Oscar Piastri. The two were head to head in for first place in the championship.

"Do you think it's going to stop anytime soon?" Oscar asks, looking out of the window. Victoria looks to her side.

"They said they'll give it another hour, and then they'll see whether or not the race will go ahead,"

"All those fans that came out here to see nothing but ran,"

"I feel for them,"

"Oscar, Victoria," the two young drivers look up. "The race is going ahead they said the rain should pass in about ten minutes," the two nod watching as Lucas, Victoria's engineer, walks away.

"We should probably head down,"

They made their way back to the garage, seeing the engineers set everything up. The rain had died down but hadn't completely gone.

"Ready Vic?" The brunette nods.

"Ready," placing the helmet over her head and getting into the car.

Her race was going smoothly, getting herself to P1 with only eleven more laps to go.

"Vic rain has started on turn one just a heads up,"

She was focusing on the track she wins this races she's almost guaranteed to win the championship.

She overtook Logan Sargent, making her way to turn one.

"Is Sargent alright his car doesn't look too good,"

"They boxed him and didn't change him to wet his struggling," the girl sighed her and Logan were friends, both American drivers coming from Florida.

The rain had gotten harder, making it hard to see.

"I can't fucking see anything," the next thing she knew a car went into the side of her causing her car to slide Victoria tried to control the car but instead she sent into flying across the gravel whichever caused her to flip.

"I crashed into Victoria," Logan says."I can't see her car," he was stuck on the gravel.

"Victoria," Lucas calls, not getting a response. The girls car was flipped upside down in on the barrier.

"Is she okay?" Logan asks.

"Red flag Oscar,"

"Who is it?"

"Victoria," the boy felt his heart drop she was not only his teammate but his best friend.

"Is she okay?"

"We aren't getting a response," silence "it's bad,"

Victoria was in and out of conciseness.

"Victoria, can you hear me,"

"I hear you," a wave of relief flashes over her engineers face. She could see the marshal's around her car. That's when it all went black.

"Have they got her out," Oscar asks "is she okay why won't someone fucking talk to me," he shouts the team turning to him.

"We've not heard from either of them,"

Logan made his way over to Oscar.

"I didn't see her," he shakes his head, tears in his eyes. "i didn't see her,"

"Logan, it okay its not your fault. it's hard to see anything out there," he nods Oscar, gripping his shoulder.

"They've got her," the two boys turn. "They're taking her to the hospital," Oscar nods.

The race was over they didn't have to do their media duties. All that two boys were thinking about was the girl.

~~~~~~~~

It was hours of waiting until they finally got some news.

"Is she okay?" Oscar stands up. The doctor gives him a sad smile.

"She's lucky to be alive. She had serious damage to her left side. A piece of metal from the car had stuck into her stomach, and her leg was crushed from the impact. Her helmet had cracked, causing damage to her brain right now." Oscar and Logan had tears in there eyes the crash looked bad, but they didn't expect this to be the outcome."When she came in, she wasn't conscious she wasn't reacting to anything we did, so we've had to place her in a medicated coma."

"A coma?" The doctor nods

"We will try to wake her, but if we have no reaction, we'll have to monitor how she's doing,"

"What have I done?"

"Logan, don't think like that. You know she wouldn't want you too,"

"She's supposed to be going to F1 next year,"

"And she still might we've just got to believe that she'll wake up,"

"Even if she does do you really think she'll want to drive again or if she can you heard them about her leg what if there's more damage they won't know until she wakes up,"

"We'll focus on that when we get to it, but for now, all we can do is be by her side," Oscar wanted to breakdown crying but it didn't feel like the right thing to do especially in front of logan he didn't want him to feel worse than he already does.

Katie, Victoria's best friend, arrived and got told about the situation. All three of them didn't know what to do she was the centre of their group.

"She'll be okay," Katie looked through the glads into the room where she lay. "She has to be," the boys hugged her.

None of them were sure if she'd ever wake up after a week passed, then a month there had been no sign of improvement it was a waiting game.

Oscar won the championship, and both him and logan were going into F1, something that Victoria should have been joining them on.

She woke up two weeks before Christmas.

"Did you think I'd miss your debut," she joked as they walked into the room. There she was, their Victoria sat up, smiling at them as if nothing happened but something did happen she wasn't the same she was just good at hiding it.

She wouldn't let anyone see the pain she was physically and emotionally she was upset she wouldn't be joining them in F1, but she would let them know she didn't want to ruin it for them.

She always put others first and herself last.