Chapter Two

2023

"You can do it, Vic," Rehabilitation has been hard. Victoria had tried her hardest to overcome the struggles that came after she woke up from her coma.

"I can't," she sighed, dropping to the floor. Her leg hurt the most her trainer,James, was trying to get her leg stronger, the two of them hoping she would be back in the car soon.

"You can, get up," Vic sighs, grabbing the bar and lifting herself off the floor. "You can do anything you set your mind to,"

"It feels impossible. I can't move my leg without pain shooting through it, and I can't drive while on those pain meds their having me take," she wanted to cry, but she wouldn't.

"I promise you that I'll be by your side throughout your rehabilitation. I'm getting you back in that car," the girl nods.

"Okay, let's go again,"

~~~~~~~

Oscar called every day to check in on Vic, who swore she was fine, but if anyone knew her, it was him, but he knew not to pry.

"How's training?"

"Hard,"

"If anyone can do it, it's you,"

"That's what James keeps saying," he heard her sigh.

"You don't believe you can?"

"At this moment, no, I can't walk without it hurting, whether that's my leg or my side,"

"You've been out of the hospital for four months. Vic, it takes time,"

"It's taking too much time, I hate not being in that car," he didn't know how she felt he hadn't been in her position before but he did know that this was her life the only things she's ever wanted and for it to be ripped away from her he knew how much she was hurting.

"How about you come to the Miami Grand Prix," he suggests. "It's next month, and you are already in Florida. Get your mind off things?"

"I could use a distraction," the boy smiled

"Then it's settled. You and Katie will come and watch me race,"

"You better not bottle it because then it'll be a waste of my rehab time,"

"Way to put pressure on me,"

"What it's my home race. After all, you have to do good in my honour,"

"I'll text you the details,"

~~~~~~~

"You're getting there," James says. "One more time," Victoria groans, repeating her actions.

Her leg was getting stronger she no longer felt the pain well, not as bad as it was the pain she felt was bearable.

"You did it," James wraps his arms around the girl spinning her around the two smiling.

"I did it," she hugs James. "Thank you for not giving up on me,"

"Never," he high fives her the two going on to another exercise.

~~~~~~

"I've missed Oscar," Katie says as the two walk into the paddock.

"You saw him last week,"

"Does that mean I can't miss him?" Victoria shakes her head, seeing a familiar blonde walking past.

"Sargent, you really going to walk past us?" She shouts the blonde, looking over to them in shock.

"Why didn't you tell me you were coming," he walks over, hugging them both.

"I thought Oscar told you," Katie speaks.

"How've you been, Sarg?"

"Better now use are here, but the question I care about is how are you," she knew what he was referring to he still blamed himself even though she reassured him over and over again.

"I'm okay. I feel a lot better," she was only half lying she did feel better physically, but the mental strain that it's had on her was taking a toll.

"That's great," he smiles. "I need to go. Hopefully, I get to see you later," they nod, making their way over to Mclaren.

"Is it bad that I'm not here for Oscar,"

"Then who are you here for?" Victoria asks.

"Lando, have you seen that man," but he was nowhere to be seen as they entered the garage. "That's a shame,"

"I'm glad you came," Oscar hugs the two.

"I'm glad I came too,"

"I hate that I can't talk longer, but I promise after the race,"

"Don't worry about it, just go," he nods, heading to his car.

"As if I'm only getting a glimpse of Lando," Katie tries to pop her head over to get a better view but couldn't.

Oscar didn't have the best race coming in P19.

"I wanted to give you a good race,"

"Oscar, don't worry about it. At least I'm out of the house,"

"Finally," she rolls her eyes at him.

"Sorry to cut in," the two turn around coming face to face with Fred Vasseur. "I was wondering if i could steal Victoria," Oscar nods as the girl frowns, unsure as to why he would need to speak to her.

"Would you please follow me," she nodded, following him into the Ferrari garage, smiling at the two drivers as she passed and into his office.

"Please take a seat," pulling a chair out, she takes a seat, looking around the room.

"How's your recovery been,"

"It's been going great,"

"I've spoken to your trainer James he said that you're doing better than expected, and you're no longer taking your pain meds,"

"Yeah, that's correct. Sorry you spoke, James?"

"I did. I also asked Oscar if he could try to get you here. I'd rather do this face to face than over the phone," she was confused, not knowing what he was referring to.

"I can see your confusion, so I want to make this short and simple,"

"Okay,' her mouth went dry.

"Last year, everyone had their eye on you up until your crash. You were in the sights for being the best rookie since Hamilton,"

"It appeared so,"

"I've watched how you drive. It's impressive the first female in F2 people doubted you, but you set the bar, which also allowed another female driver into the sport," he carried on "I want to offer you the second seat for the 2024 season,"

"I'm sorry, what?"

"We want you to drive for Scuderia Ferrari starting the 2024 season," it felt like everything was falling into place.

"Yes I accept"