Chapter Three

Victoria POV

When the news got out that I was the new driver for the Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team, it broke the Internet. I was the first female driver to enter the sport, and after a year-long break, nobody thought that I would be going back to racing, especially for an F1 team.

All I saw in the tabloids was my name. This time, it wasn't next to the word crash, but it was next to 'Can a female go far in the sport?' Or 'Has Ferrari made a huge mistake signing the American' I didn't let it get to me. I wouldn't let it get to me. I've been through far too much to let a bunch of haters put me down.

I'm back, and I'm going to be better than ever. I'm going to make them eat their words. I wasn't just doing this for me. I was doing this for all the girls out there who have been told by a man that they won't succeed or that they aren't made for this world.

"Victoria," I break out of my thoughts, looking at the man beside me. "Are you alright? You were in your head again," Oscar says.

"I'm okay, I'm just sick of all these headlines getting written about me," I sigh, "Victoria Carter isn't made for this life what that even supposed to mean,"

"Vic," he takes my phone from my hand, tossing it to the back seat as he continues to drive on. "Don't listen to them, Fred and the Ferrari team gave you this seat for a reason. The only people you need to prove yourself to are them, not the people sharing lies online,"

"I know it's just hard to keep away from what's being said about me. The news got out months ago,"

"Believe me when I tell you that no matter what, they'll talk about it,"

"Oh, I know they still talk about the Alpine and Mclaren situation over a year later,"

"That they do now. Are you ready?" He says, pulling up.

"Ready as I'll ever be," he smiles, nodding before we head out of the car.

Bahrain Grand Prix was finally here. I would be lying if I didn't say I wasn't freaking out because I was.

"There you are. I tried to call you," Charles says as I get out of the car.

"Sorry," I grab my phone from the backseat. "I was on media break," he nods, walking beside me as Oscar walks on.

"How you feeling,"

"Can I tell you the truth?" He nods "I'm nervous this is my first race back and I'm worried I'm not going to be the driver that Fred and the team want from me," he places his hand on my shoulder.

"Don't let yourself think that. You've been away for over a year. You only got back in that car last month, and from what I saw, you've got what it takes, if not more,"

'You think?"

"I know so," I smile at him, scanning my pass. "Besides, if you are bad, at least I look good," he teases. I punch his home lightly, earning a laugh from him.

"Hopping from one Leclerc to the other. I thought you were better than that Vic," the all to familiar voice says from behind me.

"I'm hoping that this teammate knows how to drive," he gasps.

"That's mean," he hugs me. "I'm proud of you,"

"I'm proud of you finally in F2,"

"Tell me about it last year. I didn't go to plan, but I'm hoping that this year will be different," he says.

"Guess we both want this year to go well,"

"Is she selling herself short?" He asks Charles, who nods."You really need to stop doing that to yourself. You're just as good of a driver as all of the others on the grid if not better,'

"If you two keep feeding my ego like this, I'm going to get a big head,"

"You mean bigger head, right?"

"Haha, you are so funny," we finally make it to the Ferrari garage, which makes this all more real.

"Let's get to work, shall we,"

~~~~~~~~

Well, this wasn't a great start to my debut. I shake my head, slowly getting out of the car and making my way back with the marshal's.

"What the fuck was that," I look up to see the person I crashed into.

"I lost grip," I say.

"Lost grip, did you not see me?" He flies his arms around deep breath. Vic, don't lose it.

"I saw you, but if you weren't going so slow, maybe I could have avoided you," he shakes his head with a laugh before walking off. I make my way to the garage.

"I'm sorry,"I say, taking my helmet off. Fred shakes his head.

"It's alright Victoria the car wasn't looking good. We were just about to tell you, but it was too late," I nodded, smiling at him I was thankful he wasn't pissed but I knew what the tabloids was going to say about this.

"You alright there, Vic?" Charles asks after practice was finished.

"I'm okay," I say. "Just got to give my all at Quali,"

"Lando didn't look so happy," he says.

"Lando," he nods. "I didn't even realise who it was that I crashed into,"

"He's normally alright, but when you crash into him or mess up his race that a whole different story, I'd probably watch it if I were you,"

"I've been through worse. I'm sure I can handle Lando Norris,"

"Be careful with your words,"

"I'll be good, Charlie boy," he shakes his head at me, disappearing into his drivers room.

I glance at the TV, seeing a very pissed off Lando on screen giving his interview.

"I don't know what happened she could visibly see me," he says. I frown.

"People have been saying she isn't cut out for this, do you agree?"

"I think she'll be a liability"

Lando Norris you don't know who your messing with.