Chapter Four

Victoria POV

Qualifying went great for me, at least for Lando, not so much.

"He's not happy,"

"I gave him space," I say, which was true, but I also knew that either way, he wouldn't be able to get past me without trouble.

"You did say he's saying you messed up his lap time," Charles says.

"He messed it up on his own. Is this his thing?" Charles raises his eyebrow."You know he doesn't do good in a quali or a race, so he finds anyone else to blame other than himself?"

"I can tell you two are going to get along just fine," he smirks. "I like you,"

"You better we've known each other for years," I joke.

Lando POV

"Who the fuck gave her that seat she can't fucking drive," I say slamming my helmet down on the table.

"Fia are saying she gave you the space," Jon says. I roll my eyes.

"She knew I couldn't pass," I complain "she's been here for two days, and she's already making this season hell for me,'

"She's just starting out getting used to being on the track again. I also don't think you calling her a liability helped mate," Max F says.

"She is one she's becoming one anyway,"

"To the whole grid or just you?"

"Does it matter? I've never had these issues with anyone before, and now I can't escape her," Oscar walks in, looking over to us.

"You good?"

"He's just a little upset about the whole Carter situation," Zac says.

"Upset?" I ask "I'm not upset I'm pissed," I look at Oscar "I can't believe they gave her thst seat," Oscar laughs.

"She's the best driver. I know if anyone deserves that seat, it's her,"

"You know her?"

"She was my teammate during F2. I grew up with her," he says. "How did I not know this?" He's never mentioned her before. "She's one hell of a driver. When she wants something she takes it, there's no stopping her. She's also got a hot head, so I'd be careful with what you say to the media about her she won't shove it off,"

"Well, she needs to prove she belongs here. All she's doing is showing everyone that they were right," I huff.

"You'll see tomorrow they all will," he turns around, walking into his drivers room.

"Did you know about them being teammates?" I ask Zac.

"Before he mentioned I completely forgot they were head to head for the title, then her crash happened,' he says,"they aren't just teammates their best friends which puts you in a tough situation," he says "play nice lando,"

"I am nice she's just started off on my bad side,"

"I think that's where she's going to stay too," Max F says, looking down at his phone and then passing it to me.

'Victoria Carter isn't afraid of Lando Norris. The American stated that to be afraid of him, he'd need to win a race,'

"I don't like her," I state.

"I can tell," he raises his eyebrows. "Guess Oscar was right about her being hot headed she clearly didn't like your interview yesterday,"

"Yeah, and she's not going to like my future ones either,"

Victoria POV

"Really?" Oscar asks, walking into my hotel room.

"How did you even get a key?"

"I asked the front desk they saw us come in together," he says, sitting down next to me. "I'm not afraid of Lando Norris,"

"They asked. I answered,"

"I didn't think I'd be in between my teammate and my best friend," he sighs. "Why couldn't you have just both got on it would have made this all so much easier for me,"

"He called me a liability Oscar. I have enough people trying to say I don't belong here, and he's feeding into their hands," I say.

"Sergio Perez says I should go back to the kitchen where I belong,"

"He said that?" I nod.

"Seems like he has a big problem that there's a woman on the grid. I'm not letting him get to me, and I won't let Lando get to me either,"

"I know, Vic. I just wish you'd had gotten on,"

"I'm sorry if it's awkward,"

"You're not,"

"I know I just felt as if I had to say that," he rests his head in my shoulder.

"Whatever you do, please don't crash into him tomorrow," I laugh.

"Don't worry, I won't," I didn't want to fuck up my debut race after all.

I was starting P12 tomorrow, which may not be the best, but it's not P20, so I was happy with the result. All I cared about was making it into points and past the two drivers who have been very vocal about me to the media.

"I best get going and get some rest," Oscar gets up off the bed, looking down at me. "And so should you, you've got a big day ahead of you tomorrow,"

"Yes, dad, I'll go to bed as soon as he rolls his eyes at me playfully walking out the room.

It was a habit reading all the gossip pages. I've always done it ever since I could remember, but what I didn't remember was them being so cruel.

I shake my head, placing my phone on the dresser tossing over, trying to get some sleep.

I wasn't sure how much sleep I got. All i remember was staring at the wall, and then the ceiling for god knows how long just thinking.

Today needed to go well I say to myself in the mirror as I get dressed.

"You are strong," I say

"You are an amazing driver,"

"You're going to be fine," I sigh, stupid therapist telling me to give myself word of affirmation news flash it wasn't working.

I shake my head putting on my fake smile before heading out.

Here goes nothing.