Chapter Eight

Victoria POV

I thought Lando and I were getting somewhere with the conversation we had a couple of nights ago, but i was wrong he went back to not talking to me unless he had to.

Today was qualifying after having a good practice yesterday. I was hoping to get far up on the grid for tomorrow's race.

"Don't tell Oscar I said this, but I'm hoping you have a better race than him," Nicole says, causing me to laugh.

"I won't tell him,"

"Not that I want him to have a bad race, but this is your rookie year he proved himself his rookie year,"

"I'll do my best for your sake,"

"I'll be watching," she kisses my cheek, walking off to Mclaren garage.

"You're rather close with Oscars mum, aren't you?" I look to my side to see Max F beside me.

"I am she's been there for me throughout my racing career ,"

"It's nice to have someone like that. I'll be cheering you on," he says, walking the same way Nicole walks.

Lando POV

"She's one to watch," Max V says. "I mean, she knows how to drive," I suck the inside of my cheek.

"I know,"

"Let's just hope she doesn't crash into you this time,"

"Don't jinx it,"

He jinxed it. The only thing was I was the one that had crashed into her. I watched as she watched out the car coming towards me.

"What the fuck was that?"

"I didn't see you,"

"Are you blind all of a sudden?" She asks I could feel the cameras on us.

"Drop the fucking attitude your acting like you didn't crash out twice last weekend,"

"What the fuck is your problem?"

"You're my problem,' I say before walking away from her I could hear her huffing as I do so.

Victoria POV

"You okay, Vic?" My engineer asks.

"I'm good," I wasn't good. I wanted to knock the head of lando norris' shoulders and throw it to the dogs but I have been told before to keep my anger to a minimal.

"You sure we can talk about?" I smile at him.

"Thanks, Riccardo, but I'm okay," he nods, squeezing my shoulder before he goes to watch the rest of Quali.

~~~~~~~

"I feel like there's tension in the air," Katie says as we all sit down for dinner. Nicole had set everything up.

"Do you not watch Quali?" Max F asks.

"Am I supposed to? The most important day is race day and that causes me enough anxiety," Katie says she use to come to every practice, quali and race now she barely even comes to races after my crash it hit her hard she's never seen anything like that before.

"I can fill you in," logan says, earning a glare from both me and Norris. "Maybe when we're alone so I don't get murdered,"

Katie looked between me and Lando, the glares we were passing back and forth.

"I get it now," she says. "Who crashed into who?"

"He crashed into me,"

"How the table turns right?" He asks "normally it's you crashing into me,"

"This food is lovely, Nicole," Katie says, trying to ease the tension.

"Thank you, Katie," she smiles once we are all finished. Nicole starts to clean the table.

"Let me help," I say. Nicole smiles at me as I take the plates from the table, making my way into the kitchen.

"I'm wondering if the reason you and lando don't get on is because you're secretly attracted to each other," she says.

"I'm not attracted to him," I state "sure his good-looking and my type, but I'm not attracted to him,"

"You sure about that?" I sigh.

"No, I'm attracted to him. I admit it and how much I hate that I am," I admit.

"I knew it like i always say mother always knows,"

"Please don't let this go anywhere, then between us two,"

"My lips are sealed, but just so you know, he's definitely attracted to you to," I shake my head.

Lando POV

"Admit it," I frown, shaking my head.

"There is nothing to admit,"

"You're attracted to Victoria," Max F says, "and don't try to lie to me. I know you better than you know yourself."

"I'm not admitting something that isn't true," I say. Turning away from him, I could still feel his eyes on me. "Stop staring,"

"No, because I know it makes you uncomfortable," I could practically hear the smirk on his face.

"Fine, I admit it. I'm attracted to her. Is that what you wanted to hear?"

"That's exactly what I wanted to hear," he smiles. "I knew it,'

"No need to gloat this stay between us two. Nobody outside this room will ever know about this,"

"What if she's attracted to you though," he asks. "Then will people be able to know? I think you two would make a good couple. you're so much alike,"

"I'm not answering any more questions. Go to sleep,"

"Okay, Lando, have a good sleep dreaming about Victoria,"

"I don't dream about her,"

"Whatever you say,"

"Your so annoying,"

"Yeah but you chose me as your best friend so your stuck with me,"

"I'm returning you now go to sleep," I roll my eyes before throwing myself back onto the bed.