Chapter Seven

Victoria POV

"I can't believe Oscar didn't tell us about Lando coming," I huff.

"He is his teammate," I look over to Katie eyebrows raised. "I get that you two didn't get off to the best if it starts, but maybe you can get over that this week,"

"I doubt it he doesn't seem to like me that much, and the feeling is mutual,"

"You're so stubborn you two could be good friends if you got over yourselves," Katie says, sitting on the bed next to me.

A sound from outside makes us jump.

"What was that?" Katie asks. I look out the window.

"I can't see anything," I say.

"The boys are in the living room, aren't they?" I nod. We were at the back of the house away from them, so it was clear it wasn't any of the boys.

The noise seemed to get closer. The two of us continued to look out the window when we spot a baby kangaroo.

"Is it injured?" Katie's asks.

"It looks like it," I say, standing up.

"Where are you going?"

"I'm going to help it," I say she nods, getting up and grabbing a blanket. We look to the front room, the boys occupied as we walk through the back door.

"Be careful," Katie's says as I make my way towards the animal.

"It's bleeding," I say. The baby kangaroo was clearly scared. Katie came over handing me the blanket as I carefully wrapped the kangaroo up. "Let's get it inside, then we'll ring someone,' I say, lifting it up with the help of Katie.

Lando POV

"Did you hear that?" Logan asks, looking around.

"I thought the girls were in bed," Oscar says, getting up.

"Why would they be outside?" I ask, walking towards the back door as the two girls walk in, stopping in their tracks when they see the four of us.

My eyes travelled down to the blanket in Victoria's arms.

"What's that?" Oscar asks.

"A blanket," Victoria smiles.

"What's in the blanket, Victoria?' I say.

"Nothing, it's just a blanket,"

"Why is it moving?" Logan asks.

"That was me," Katie says. "I moved it,"

"What's in the blanket?" Oscar repeats my words.

"There was a sound outside," Katie says.

"And we may have found an injured animal,' Victoria adds Max F walks over looking in the blanket.

"That is a kangaroo,"

"You've got a kangaroo in your arms?" I say.

"It's injured. I couldn't leave him outside,"

"You like cinderella?" Logan speaks."That's the one with the animals, right?"

"I think you're thinking of sleeping beauty," Max replies.

"It's snow white but not the point she has a kangaroo in her arms," I say.

"We need to call someone," she speaks. "He's bleeding and scared," she removes the blanket from its head.

"You promised that you wouldn't bring any more animals into the house,"

"You should know that I lied,"

"Wait, sorry, this isn't the first time she's done this?" I ask Oscar, Logan, and Katie shake their heads.

"It started when she was ten she found an injured bird its wing had broken she waited until it could fly again," Katie says.

"Then there was the wombat," Logan adds.

"And the Deer," Oscar says, "and a koala now a kangaroo," I frown.

"I have a hard time leaving them," she says. "I'm sorry, I'm a good person. Oscsr now moves out the way," she pushes past us, placing the kangaroo on the table as Logan rings someone.

"I don't know we're he's injured, but he's got blood on him,"

"The local wildlife vet is coming," logan days, causing us to all nod.

"I've named him,"

"She also names each of her injured animals,"

"What are the names?"

"Blue the bird, he had blue wings, hence the name, Wally the wombat, Bambi the deer,"

"And Roo the kangaroo," I try not to smile at her as she sits beside the kangaroo.

~~~~~~~

The vet came and took the kangaroo, leaving us all to clean up the mess.

"I'm going to bed. You can clean," Oscar says, throwing the cloth to Victoria as everyone else goes to bed.

"I'd help, but I'm tired,'Katie says.

"Yeah, yeah, whatever,"

She walks towards the kitchen and starts to clean. I sigh, going to help her stupid women, helping animals, making me see her in a different light.

"You don't have time to help me,"

"I know," I say, taking a cloth and wiping down the table.

"Thank you," she says. I nod. This was awkward.

"You have a thing of trying to fix things?" I ask.

"I try my best," she speaks. "I have a soft spot for animals,"

"I can see that," I point to the blood on the table.

"Your first day here, and I've already brought a kangaroo into the house. I'm afraid to say the rest of the week won't be as fun,"

"I don't know. You might find another injured animal and decide to bring it in," I laugh."I can definitely say I won't forget this day,"

"You're welcome," she smiles at me.

"I didn't realise you and Logan were close,"

"I thought we went over that other day,"

"I chose not to listen," she nods.

"It wasn't his fault, the crash, I mean, people can blame him for going into me, but it wasn't his fault I was having problems with the car, and it was raining he couldn't see me proper," I sit down listening to her "logan blamed himself after it he was pretty hard on himself from what Oscar and Katie told me,"

"You didn't know?"

"I was in a coma,"

"I didn't know that,"

"When I woke up, I made sure to let him know that I didn't blame him and that he had nothing to feel guilty for. He says he knows, but I still think he feels like it's his fault,"

"It was a bad crash. I remember watching it, but that was the last I heard that you survived nothing else,"

"I did, but I didn't think that when I woke up, I couldn't use my leg proper because of the injury it was hell getting back to normal,"

"I couldn't imagine how it felt,"

"The pain isn't completely gone. I still get aches every now and again, but it's better than what it was," she says "well were done. I best get some sleep," she says "good night norris,"

"Good night Carter,"