Chapter Twelve

Lando POV

"You're pacing around like a mad man," I speak as I watch Oscar walk up and down the halls. "What's wrong?"

"It's Miami race week this week,"

"Okay, is that a bad thing I thought you liked Miami?" I ask.

"I love Miami,"

"I'm not understanding the problem here," I sit up.

"Not like you'll care, but it's were Victoria's from,"

"And Logan, yes, I know,"

"It's her first home race,"

"Still not understand why you're the one pacing up and down, and she isn't," she could, but she's been avoiding me more than usual.

"She doesn't have the best time when she's home," he says. "She doesn't really talk about it, so I probably shouldn't either," he says, shutting the conversation down.

"Maybe this time will be different from her first race, and she's going to be there with her best friends, not like a normal day,"

"Hopefully," he sighs, sitting down waiting for zack to finally join us.

I frown what was he so worried about you could tell by the look on his face that all he's focusing on is how she's going to be and not the race.

~~~~~~

"God, it's hot," Max says as we get off his jet. "Is it always this hot?"

"I think their going through a heatwave," I say, fanning my shirt. "I should have worn shorts,"

"This race is going to be fun," it was hotter than normal.

"Let's get to the hotel," I say, causing Max to nod.

~~~~~

"You need help?" I ask as I see Victoria struggling with her luggage.

"I've got it just fine,"

"Really because the back under your arm is falling," she moves for the bag, then frowns.

"There is no bag under my arm," I laugh. "Here, take these," she shoves her suitcase into my arms.

"Why are you staying here,"

"Why wouldn't I all the drivers are," she asks.

"Execpt Logan, and I was assuming you wouldn't be since you're from here, you not going home," she looks down, then back to me.

"No, I thought it would be best if I stayed here," she was hiding something, and I wasn't sure what.

I helped her to her room, putting the bags on the floor. I went to talk to her, but she pushed me out, shutting the door in my face.

"Okay then," I shake my head, turning on my heel and walking towards my room.

~~~~~~

"Come on, Vic, the waters fine," Oscar says, looking up at the girl sitting on the daybed.

"I'm fine," she smiled. She still had all her clothes on, and the heat was blazing.

I jump out of the pool, grabbing a towel and making my way over to her.

"You don't feel like swimming,"

"Why are you talking to me so much recently?"

"I'm trying to be nice,"

"Right," she says. "I don't feel like swimming,"

"You sure it's very refreshing,"

"I'm more than sure," she says. I frown but shake it off, heading back to the pool joining the guys.

~~~~~~

I couldn't sleep. The heat was getting to me. I sit up and go for my trunks. Maybe a swim would help the water would be colder at night.

I make my way down to the pool to see the lights already on. I open the door, finding Victoria swimming.

"Thought you didn't want to swim," she jumps.

"What have I told you about creeping up on me,"

"My bad," I smile, sitting on the edge.

"I should get going," she says. "Can you turn around,"

"You're covered?" I question .Why do I need to turn around," she sighs.

"It's not because I'm not covered,"

"Then what is it," I say, "the same reason you didn't want to get in the pool with us earlier?"

"Yes," she speaks. I raise an eyebrow, hearing her sigh from the other side of the pool. "It's the scars,"

"The scars?" She nods. I get into the water swimming over to her. "Can I see them,"

"I," she goes to start but stops when she feels my hand on her wrist, pulling her closer. "I used to be so confident with my body, but these scars I don't know,"

I looked down at her, seeing the scar that ran down her stomach to her thigh.

"Can I touch it," I ask. I don't know why it just came out she takes my hand in her and runs it over the scar."it's actually quite sexy," I say.

"Stop lying,"

"I'm not," My hand stayed on her scar as the other moved the hair from her face. "I find it sexy," she shakes her head with a small smile.

"I've never shown it to anyone other than the guys," I knew she meant Oscar,Logan, and Katie. "I've always tried to cover it when I'm out,"

"You shouldn't cover it,"

"It's ugly,"

"It's a part of you, and if it's a part of you, it's not ugly,"

"You're being nice. Should I be worried."

"I think I'm getting ill," she laughs.

"Then you best stay away from me I can't catch it before the race," I shake my head splashing her with water which she returns.