Chapter Four

As the morning sun breathed life into the new day with a warm breeze, Rohan exhaled. His concern was growing at a steady rate. He needed to find some way to publish his manga. After a little bit of thinking, he thought to ask around the city for anyone who might know where the nearest library was.

After a good amount of going around the city and asking people where he could find a library, Rohan finally made it to one. His eyes scanned the area, looking for a computer that he could use. What he found was way more than what he was looking for.

The computers he knew of were bulky large machines. Now why the hell was he looking at an incredibly thin monitor in comparison to the thicker and chunkier monitors that he was so used to?

He walked over to the computer and sat down on the chair fixing up his posture to a comfortable one. After finding the power button, his finger pressed on it. Following the click of the button, the machine made sounds of light whirring as it booted up.

Despite having a limited knowledge of computers, it wasn't difficult for Rohan to understand what the different things on the device did, and how they functioned. He found the web browser on the taskbar and typed in 'Shonen Jump'. After scanning through the results, Rohan entered the official website and booked an appointment. He would have to wait three days.

As Rohan left the library, he checked his pockets for the first time since his arrival in this new world. He felt around the inside of his pockets, and surprisingly enough, his wallet was still there with cash good enough to sustain himself for the next few days. Rohan wondered whether they would accept his cash considering it was the only one of its kind in this world.

Much like how he found his way to the library, Rohan asked the people of the city for directions to the nearest hotel. He found a hotel not too far from the library. With a heavy breath, he walked inside and headed over to the reception desk, where a man in his mid thirties stood, dull and devoid of any ounce of emotion.

"Hello. How may I help you today?" The man spoke, his monotone voice sounding as though he was simply repeating prerecorded dialogue.

"I'd like to get a room." Rohan replied, his tone giving off a 'let's get it over with' vibe. He placed a good chunk of cash on the reception desk only for the man to glare at him with an annoyed expression.

"If you want to play monopoly, this isn't the place pal."

"..."

Rohan's only reply was an intensive stare that pierced through the man's soul, his soulless irises radiating a sense of insanity as though murder was something in his consideration. His slightly parted lips and the bags under his eyes did not help make him look any less menacing. The receptionist started helplessly shaking as the atmosphere grew heavier, audible quivering escaping his lips.

"I see." Rohan finally said, the atmosphere still heavier than ever. He turned around to slowly step away from the reception desk. The receptionist was about to let out a sigh of relief, until-

"Heaven's Door." Rohan muttered, his words inaudible to the receptionist.

"O-On second thought, you can definitely get a room for free! In fact, get any room you want! The entire hotel is yours! Usually, I haggle the price to absurd amounts, but for you my friend, it's free!" The man stuttered and slurred between his words, as though he didn't have a sliver of control over his actions. His voice was laced with a hysterical tone.

The receptionists hands moved as though they had minds of their own. Like some unknown force pushing him to do so, his fingers wrapped around a hotel room keycard as he grasped it firmly. Still shaking, his hands carried the keycard over to the desk. With a loud thud, the receptionist's hands slammed against the desk, his fingers opening up to let the keycard down on the wooden surface.

"H-Here, sir. Your room."

Rohan's expression lightened significantly, his intense menacing aura no longer weighing down on the room.

"Thanks!" He gave a thumbs up as he swiftly grabbed the keycard and walked away towards the designated room.

"A26.. A26.." Rohan murmured, walking past several rooms hastily.

"There!" He exclaimed to himself in a low voice. He pushed the keycard up the scanner and a beep could be heard, followed by the lock clicking open. Rohan's hands pressed down on the door handle, pushing the door open.

The room was spacious but not empty. There was one bed in the corner beside two walls, completely neat and tidy. On the other side of the room was a desk. Rohan saw it as a potential working desk where he could work on his manga. The room also had a lot of different amenities, such as a TV, a microwave, a coffee maker, a small refrigerator, and.. a doll?

The doll had a native outfit and didn't look like a normal doll. However, Rohan paid no mind to it and casually grabbed it. He ripped the arm off the doll, which weirdly enough, made it bleed. Weird doll. Rohan then threw the doll along with its arm out from the window.

A loud scream of pure terror and agony rang throughout the entire establishment, like a torture victim screeching to escape. Hm.. probably nothing.

Rohan took notice of a hotel branded notebook atop the desk. He sat down on a chair, gathering his ideas as he started to work on the pilot chapter that he would be soon be introducing to Shonen Jump during his appointment. He turned on the television and put on the news channel, listening to the news as he worked.

'This just in: The infamous Hero Killer was found incapacitated in the back alleys of Musutafu!'

"Pfft.." Rohan scoffed as he got to work.

. . .

Three days passed in a breeze, it was the time for Rohan's appointment with Shonen Jump. He shot out of his bed, hastily making his way over out of the hotel and towards the 'convention', which you could hardy call it that. Since it was early in the morning, there was a surprisingly small amount of people. The only people that were there were mostly there for their appointments as well. Rohan didn't have to wait long until it was his turn.

After hearing his name get called out, Rohan entered the office, taking a seat on the chair that was opposite to the interviewer. The interviewer was a woman of average height, her long hair tied up in a neat ponytail, complementing her professional looking outfit. Her left eye seemed to alternate between the colour a bright blue and a more natural dark brown. Rohan thought that this might have to do with her quirk.

"Alright.." She began, "Let's cut to the chase. You made an appointment, correct? Go ahead, show me what you have to offer." Her tone indicated that she would not stand for any bullshit, and gave off a sense of strictness and authority.

Rohan replied casually, placing the notebook of the pilot chapter down on the table. "I couldn't find anything decent to draw this on, so I ended up using some random notebook instead. Hope it isn't a problem."

As the interviewer looked through the pilot chapter, she remained speechless. Her eyes tearing up from the eye candy that she just consumed. After a minute or two, the interviewer was done with reading the whole chapter. She looked up at Rohan, tears flowing down her cheeks.

"Y-You're in..!" Was all she said. Her professional attitude was completely gone as she started crying out loud, running out the room in a full sprint.

Rohan let out a soft chuckle to himself as he stood up, leaving the office with a smug look plastered over his face.

________________________________

Hope u enjoyed this chapter as well. This was mostly just to show how Rohan managed to have a stable living in an entirely new world so as to patch any plot holes that might be there.