Chapter Eight

It had been a notably quiet few weeks as the days passed by. UA High still needed to finish up all the student acceptance 'letters'. Rohan thought it was ridiculously inefficient to record a video for every individual student. He also found out they used this strange technology called 'holograms', which Rohan dubbed "A screen without a screen". 

As a teacher, Rohan had inside information on how the points system of the practical exams really worked, so he was sure that anomalistic boy would definitely make it to UA.  

With a quick sip of water from his half-full bottle, Rohan stepped out the gym door. He walked over to his parked sports car, the red colour of the car almost glistening under the sunlight. Swiftly unlocking the car, he stepped inside and closed the door.

After entering the car and starting it up, Rohan tossed the towel on his neck towards the passenger seat. He put on his seatbelt, and drove towards Massimo Volpe's cafe. He had a meeting with Nezu.

Nezu took note of the fact that Rohan was wearing a shirt, a change of pace from his usual coats. The shirt showed off his muscles, which many would assume he lacked as his coats often made him look less muscular in appearance.

"Hello, Rohan!" Nezu greeted, the casual politeness in his tone as persistent as ever. He motioned towards the empty seat, still looking at Rohan. "Come on, take a seat."

After taking a seat across from Nezu, Rohan ordered his usual tea. He noticed that Nezu was drinking the exact same tea as the one he had the first time they met.

"So, Rohan.." Nezu began, his optimistic smile fading away into a more blank expression as he spoke. "I've been having some difficulty finding any government records of your existence. Not only in Japan, but rather everywhere on earth. As far as the legal world is concerned, you don't exist. I'm surprised you even have a place to live, much less a contract with Shonen Jump."

Rohan had already decided he would never elaborate on how he had actually done any of the aforementioned things. He simply shrugged in a nonchalant manner, listening attentively to Nezu as he spoke. As Nezu continued to speak, the waiter set the tea Rohan had ordered down on the table, walking away afterwards.

"It took some annoying paperwork, but I managed to get you acknowledged by the government. They even trusted me enough to give you this.."

Nezu stopped talking for a moment, his paw reaching into his pocket to pull out what seemed like a card. He placed the card down on the table, slightly pushing it forward for Rohan to grab.

Rohan took the card into his hands, seeing that it was an ID card with a picture of him on the left of the card. The card had his name, a string of numbers, and a date of birth. Rohan saw that the date of birth was simply guessed as it was set to the first of January, the year being the current year subtracted by the age he provided to Shonen Jump. A quiet scoff left his mouth as he looked at Nezu, covering his mouth for but a moment before he spoke.

"Did the government not question your requests? Asking them to create a whole new identity for somebody who they didn't even know existed must have aroused some suspicion.."

Nezu smiled once more, the trademark look of optimism visible on his face. He answered happily to the mangaka's question, the smile not fading away this time.

"What a silly question, Rohan! The government trusts me with just about anything! Considering I'm involved with some of the most top secret of projects and run the most prestigious hero school in the entire world, the government has placed an unreasonable amount of trust in me."

Rohan simply looked at Nezu as the hybrid being laughed, the atmosphere no longer tense in contrast to the previous topic of the conversation.

"Well.. Thanks for the ID card, I suppose.." Rohan spoke, almost as though struggling to express a word of gratitude. He shifted in his seat, leaning back as he took a sip of his tea. After he set the tea back down on the table, Rohan asked Nezu another question.

"You've still not told me a word about when the first day of the job will actually be, have you?"

"Oh..? I haven't? My apologies, how forgetful of me! I should have told you back when the students were still doing the entrance exams.. It'll be next week Monday!" Nezu answered, hoping to give Rohan a peace of mind.

Rohan merely nodded with confirmation of his acknowledgement. 'Two days.. I can wait.' He thought taking a sip of his tea before looking out the window.

He was particularly looking forward to seeing one student in specific, and it was that same boy he first saw when he found himself in this new world.

________________________________

Incredibly quick and short upload. Mainly making this chapter to cover up and plot holes such as how Rohan can actually live in society despite having no previous records of existence. If you have any notes on things I might be able to improve on, please let me know.