Chapter Seven

Rohan noted that the spectator room was incredibly bland and unnecessarily dark. The only light source within the entire room shone from the screen, softly illuminating the seats that were bolted to the floor. His eyes swiftly darting around the room, Rohan quickly located an empty chair for himself.

He calmly walked over to the seat, settling down next to.. an orca? Rohan shook his head in dismissal, he didn't need to distract himself. His gaze shifted over to the big screen, several visuals from different cameras visible. Although most of these viewpoints had absolutely no activity, select few were displaying large crowds of students waiting at the starting gate. They kept waiting, doing stretches and warmups to get ready to destroy some robots

Out of all of the students present, a singular student stood out to Rohan.

Green haired boy.

'Midoriya, was it? I think it was..' Rohan thought to himself, attentively looking at the screen as he assessed the situation. Midoriya seemed to be more fit than he did back then. Rohan watched his movements as he saw him walking towards a girl, the brunette performing a few warmup stretches as she prepared for the practical exam.

Mere moments before Midoriya could call out to her, a tall student with short blue hair abruptly got in his way, interrupting him. The student pushed up his glasses with his index finger before moving his arms in an inhuman robotic manner, his mouth moving at unnecessary speeds.

Rohan couldn't hear what the boy was blabbering about, but he was sure as hell that it pissed him off. Before boy with glasses could keep running his mouth, the person at the front of the spectators room started shouting into the mic, the light off of the screens making his absurd blond hair visible. The gates had already opened

"WHAT ARE YOU ALL WAITING FOR?! THERE AREN'T ANY COUNTDOWNS IN A REAL BATTLE!"

The examinees all made a dash for it, some even making use of their quirks to gain an advantage in speed. Throughout the practical exam, the Midoriya was experiencing unreasonable difficulty. He had not earned a singular point by now as the clock ticked by the second, getting closer and closer to the end of the timer.

Rohan recalled seeing the term 'quirkless' when he used heavens door on Midoriya. Remembering this, his expression turned to one of a smug smirk, still looking at the screen as he realized the boy was helpless. He kept watching the amusing set of events unfold, seeing the boys face scrunch up into an increasingly more lost expression as he saw everyone else around him obliterate each robot he considered attempting to destroy.

Rohan patiently waited, occasionally glancing at the progress of other students and their displays of their quirks until..

"This is where the fun begins.."

Rohan looked towards the source of the voice, seeing the familiar Nezu with his paws on a comically large red button. He heard the click of the button being pressed as the visuals from the cameras began to shake lightly.

Many of the viewpoints of the cameras were now showing showing a massive robot the size of buildings, moving forward as it crushed everything beneath it. This must have been the zero-pointer robot that Nezu mentioned.

Rohan immediately shifted his attention back to the screen displaying Midoriya, seeing the green haired boy frozen in fear at the sight of the giant robot as it destroyed sections of many buildings and caused rubble and debris to fall down onto the ground.

He checked a different camera angle, seeing that Midoriya was looking at the rubble, specifically what was under it. The brunette he was trying to talk to earlier was seemingly stuck beneath the debris, unable to get herself free.

Watching intently, he saw Midoriya as the boy witnessed the sight of the brunette stuck in place, the giant robot fast approaching as it got closer to crushing her by the second. Rohan kept his eyes glued to the screen, seeing Midoriyas abruptly get into motion, sprinting as fast as his legs could possibly allow him. Was he trying to commit suicide?

Rohan nudged the orca-like individual in the seat next to him, motioning the man to look at the same screen he was so attentively spectating. The nudge caught the attention of the man before he got Nezu to put the viewpoint on the big screen, all of the teachers now directing their focus to Midoriya.

They all watched as Midoriya kept running, almost as though his body was moving on its own. However, to everybody's surprise, rather than getting flattened like a pancake, Midoriya jumped.

Jump he did. Rohan saw Midoriya leap unbelievably high, his body moving from the ground up to face level with the robot within just a few short moments.

Staying midair with his momentum, the green haired boy moved quickly to shift his body weight in order to slam his fist onto the zero-pointer. The impact of his superhuman punch caused the robots equivalent of a head to cave in as it tipped over and fell limp on the floor, the shockwave causing the ground to shake violently for a short period of time.

All of teachers were impressed with this insane display of power, although Rohan noticed All Mights odd reaction as he was the only one excited enough to clap as though he had seen the greatest movie of his life.

Rohan however, was less impressed than he was irritated. Something was wrong. Midoriya had clearly used a quirk, yet his own stand had denied the existence of such a thing. Rohan had seen with his own eyes that Midoriya was 'quirkless'.

Although the practical exam was starting to wrap up, and there was more to see of what the green haired boy would be doing, the other teachers kept watching until the very last moment.

Rohan got up from his chair with a discontent look of annoyance, walking out of the dimmed spectators room as his squinting eyes adapted to the sudden change of brightness. He kept walking with intent, intent to get to the bottom of this.

Rohan had a confrontation to make.

————————————————————————

Another upload, once in a blue moon occurrence.