PROLOGUE: The Lost Years

THIRD-PERSON POV:

Currently, Zain was at a tourist spot in Kyoto, looking around for a way back, continuously checking his watch, which was given to him by none other than Miguel O'Hara. The watch currently showed an error message when Zain tapped on the [Inter-dimensional Portal Ray] and a static sound emanated from it. He toggled through the other options and decided that it would be for the best if he turned on the [Inter-dimensional Language] mode and looked for someone who could help him.

"What the heck is wrong with this thing...?" he wonders.

As he fiddling with the watch, his attention is diverted to the commotion going on.

"You just took my photo right now, didn't you?!" a fat lady was accusing a little boy with blonde hair of something.

Zain didn't care much about the scene, considering he was stranded in a completely different time and space.

He walked a little further and came across a shop that sold different eatables. Zain's stomach growled loudly, and a frown quickly followed on his face.

Zain quickly toggled through the watch since he remembered seeing an option called [Inter-dimensional Money Exchange] and materialized some money, before heading inside and buying a couple of meat buns.

As he stepped out, he noticed a girl, about his age, looking around frantically. She had long light pinkish hair, and was wearing a white frock. You didn't have to be a genius to figure out that she was a bit uncomfortable, the frown on her face, and the worried expression in her eyes told you everything you needed to know.

This girl was lost.

Zain sighed, thinking that no problem is too small, and he did take an oath to help whoever he can. With heavy steps, he approached the girl, who was on the brink of crying.

"Hello, there." Zain greeted her, hoping to hear 'General Kenobi' as the response.

The girl turned around instantly, but the look of relief on her face quickly changed into confusion.

"Are you lost?" Zain asked, clearly there to help.

The girl hesitated a bit, before eventually nodding.

"I see... Are you here with anyone or...?" Zain asked, in hopes of helping out this girl.

"My mom..." she said weakly. "...and my sisters."

"Do you happen to-" Zain was gonna ask for her mother's number, but quickly realized that he didn't have his phone. "Never mind, where do you live?"

"I don't live in Kyoto..." the girl said.

'I'm in Kyoto?!' Zain exclaimed internally.

"We were here on a vacation, and me- me and my sisters were playing around, but- but- but we got split up..."

"I see." Zain looked around, before continuing. "Let's-" Before he could say anything though, a loud rumbling could be heard.

It was coming from the girl's stomach. She blushed and rubbed her belly before turning away.

"Are you hungry?" Zain asked. "I have this meat bun with me. if you want you can have it."

"Are you sure...?" the girl asked meekly.

"Yeah. I don't mind."

She smiled brightly, and took him up on his offer. "Thank you so much- um...?" she paused at the end, indicating that she didn't know his name.

"Ah, I haven't introduced myself." Zain shook his head, contemplating whether he should tell her his name or not. "You can call me... Zain." He decides to reveal his name to the girl.