SIDE STORY-6: Aoi Hinami: Trauma

AOI HINAMI'S POV:

April 27th, Saturday

The cityscape stretched before me, a chaotic tapestry of lights and shadows as I stood atop the rooftop. The encounter with the Spider-Men had torn open wounds long buried, each masked figure a painful reminder of the day my world crumbled.

The Amazing Spider-Man, as they called him- the one who ignited the tragedy, was among the others. His costume, once a symbol of hope for some, now represented the catalyst of my grief.

It's his fault. Even dad thought their power shouldn't be left unchecked. He did this...

The memories of that fateful day surged like a tempest within me, the raw emotions threatening to drown out reason.

Hatred, an insidious flame, burned within the recesses of my soul. Spider-Man, in his red and blue guise, was the embodiment of my anguish. His very presence taunted me, a reminder of the life stolen from me that day.

As I watched him interact with the other Spider-Men, laughter and camaraderie between them, a seething anger gripped my heart. How could he stand there so carefree, surrounded by allies, when his actions had shattered my family?

In the depths of my rage, a thirst for revenge took root. The city below became a battleground for my internal turmoil. I yearned for justice, for Spider-Man to face the consequences of his choices.

I couldn't see beyond the red and blue costume, beyond the heroics that masked the heartache he had inflicted upon me.

I thought about if this is what my dad would want me to do?

He hated them, didn't he? He thought they were a danger to people. He was right... Spider-Man is the reason he's gone. It was because of Spider-Man's incompetence that my father is no longer with me...

I clutched the edges of the rooftop, my knuckles turning white. The wind whispered through the city, carrying with it the weight of my vengeance. The notion of confronting Spider-Man, of making him understand the depth of my grief, consumed me.

The city below continued its ceaseless pulse, unaware of the storm brewing within one distraught soul. As I prepared to face the Spider-Men, the flame of hatred burning bright, I vowed to make him understand the consequences of being a hero in a world scarred by tragedy.

Memory Fragment: One Year Ago

The aroma of freshly cooked pasta hung in the air as my father and I shared a moment of familial bliss in their cherished Italian restaurant. My mom and sisters siblings hadn't arrived yet, but we had already gone ahead and ordered for them. That was only natural, since we used to come here every weekend for lunch. This was my favourite restaurant if I had to be honest, and dad knew that, so he spoiled me a little every weekend.

"How was school today, sweetheart?" Dad's voice, gentle and reassuring, cut through the ambient hum of the restaurant.

I glanced up from my plate, a smile playing on my lips.