SIDE STORY-5: A Trip Down Memory Lane

DISCLAIMER:- HEAVY SPOILERS FOR SPIDER-MEN: BEYOND THE WEB

THIRD-PERSON POV:

As the Spider-Boys gathered in the mansion's living room, the aroma of Chinese takeout filled the air, and soda cans clinked together. The atmosphere was a mix of camaraderie and shared history, each Spider-Boy carrying the weight of their past. Zain stared into the distance, his expression clouded with sorrow.

In the hushed glow of the room, Zain began to speak, his voice carrying the weight of the memories etched into his Spider-Man journey.

"You know what guys?"

"What?"

"Shoot."

"I've seen my fair share of ups and downs; made my fair share of mistakes, and even lost some loved ones along the way. But you know what? Through all the web-slinging battles and heartbreak, I've learnt something important... Being Spider-Man isn't just a burden or a curse– it's a gift."

"Hm..."

"I guess?"

"Sure, there are times when it feels like the weight of the world is on my shoulders, but that's when I remember that I'm not alone. That's when I remember I have you guys... You're just like me; going through the same struggles, facing your own villains, trying to make a difference."

"Yeah, I get it. I get the same feeling."

"True. I rest easy knowing you guys are with me."

"I love you guys."

"I've learnt that true strength does not come from the abilities we possess, but from the relationships we build along the way. The friends who stand by our side, the mentors who guide us, and the heroes who inspire us. We have the power to overcome anything, to rise above any challenge that comes our way. And as my dad used to say to me, 'With Great Power, Comes Great Responsibility.'"

"Damn... That was touching." Ritvik mutters.

"Anyone wanna go next?" Agrim asks.

"I'll go." Arush says, clearing his throat. "Hope you were watching, Mom, Dad. Because I did that for you– kept everyone safe. Kept them from being scared. And I made it fun... It doesn't matter that most of 'em wouldn't have lifted a finger for Arush Kumar. That's not why you do it. You do it because it's the right thing to do. Because it's what you would've done. You were more than normal parents to me, more than role models... You two were my heroes. Now it's my turn. Because from now on, I'm going to be yours... You'll see. I'm going to give it my all. We'll have fun. I'll never quit– and it's going to be ultimate– it's going to be spectacular– it's going to be sensational– it's going to be amazing!"

"I see what you did there." Zain fist bumps Arush.

"I'm still not over the fact that we've been Spider-Man for almost ten years and at the same time, in this world, it's only been like 2." Agrim says, wondering about the multiversal laws of time-travel.

"Why does it even matter? We can't go home anyway. The watches are busted."

"Even if they were working, we still wouldn't be able to go home." Zain said.

"Damn, that's right..." 

"We're kinda stuck here, aren't we?" Agrim asked.

"In a way, this is a blessing in disguise. We're making bonds that will last a long time." Arush said.

"True. Speaking of making bonds, this girl from my class asked me out on a date today." Ritvik mentioned,

"No way!" Arush exclaimed. "Who?"