CHAPTER-21: The End Of Everyday Life?

AGRIM SHARMA'S POV:
April 29th, Monday

The students of Class A entered the gymnasium first, with students from Classes B, C and D following right after. As the students entered, we were given handouts about the seminar we would be having.

"As of May 1st, there will be special rules implemented at this school that will make it different from every other high school. One of the special characteristic that our school will be implementing, will be the introduction of the S-System. Your student ID cards will be upgraded and given to you on the 1st of next month. With that card, you will be able to buy anything from any of the shops and facilities around campus. It will work like a credit card. However, be careful of how many points you use. Also, there will be nothing you won't be able to buy at this school. If there's something on school grounds, it will be purchasable. The point system associated with the system card will essentially replace money to help you understand finance better. This way, every student would start off with the same amount of money and would be forced to check their consumption habits. In any case, all of the points are provided at no charge from the school."

"Student cards can be used by swiping them on the machines. Using the machines are really easy, so you won't have any trouble with them. The points will be automatically credited on the first day of the month. Everyone will have 100,000 points on their card on May 1st. Also, 1 point is worth 1 yen. Any more explanation is unnecessary."

For a moment, the gymnasium got loud.

In other words, for being admitted to this school, we got a 100,000 yen monthly allowance from the school. However, there's no guarantee that we would receive 100,000 points every month. The Chairman explained everything with unclear implications. I have a feeling that most students didn't pick up on his hint.

100,000 yen is a considerable amount of money given to students as a monthly allowance.

"Were you guys surprised by the amount of points given? This school measures the abilities of students. Everyone here, who passed the entrance exam, has shown some level of merit and worth. The amount of money is a reflection of your skills. After graduation, however, all the points will be taken back. Since it's impossible to change these points into cash, there's no point in saving up the points. How the points are used are up to you. Use it on things you like or need. If you feel that no use for some of your points, you can always transfer them to someone else. However, bullying other people for points is prohibited. The school is very strict on matters concerning bullying."

And the biggest merit to Advanced Nurturing High School is their 100% employment rate.

Under the thorough guidance of the government, the school works towards a better future with all of its resources. In fact, many of this widely publicized school's alumni are famous people. Usually, no matter how famous and good a school is, its area of specialization is narrow. A school might specialize in sports, or specialize in music. Or maybe it specializes in computer related topics. But this school fulfils any wish in any genre that someone may wish to study. This is a school that has that kind of system and value.

That's why I thought the class atmosphere would be more competitive and bloodthirsty, but the majority of my classmates seemed like ordinary students you could find anywhere else.

"Also, come May 1st, the classes will shuffle. Usually we don't shuffle classes after the start of the academic year, but the new policies being put in place requires us to shuffle the students up. More information will be given to you on May 1st. Have a nice day..."

...

ZAIN ZAFFAR'S POV:

After the seminar ended, all the students were told to go back to their classes to get a copy of the new rules for the school. Currently, all of us were preparing to finally head back home.