CHAPTER-2: The Secret Life Of Arachnids

ZAIN ZAFFAR'S POV:

Soon, lunch time arrived, and I was immediately rushed by a horde of students, mainly girls, looking to introduce themselves to me.

My seatmate, who I thought I wasn't looking, shot me a disgruntled look and took her leave.

"Zaffar-kun, it's nice to meet you! I'm Maya Sato!"

"Hey there, stranger~ I'm Ruri Ichihashi. Nice to meetcha."

"My name's-"

"Alright, girls, calm down!" a blonde-haired boy came to my rescue. "You're making Zaffar-kun uncomfortable. Give him some space."

"Ah, thanks, but don't worry about it. It's a natural reaction." I said, sounding grateful.

"My name is Yosuke Hirata. It's nice to meet you, Zaffar-kun."

"Likewise, Hirata. I'm looking forward to spending time with you."

"Would you like to join us for lunch?" Hirata asked, and the girls behind him seemed hopeful that I'd accept.

Unfortunately, I'd have to dash their expectations.

"Ah, I'd love to, but - I actually made plans with my brother beforehand. How about we meet up somewhere tomorrow?"

"Alright, no problem. That's fine, we can do that, right girls?"

"Mm-mm."

"Absolutely!"

The other girls nodded in acknowledgement as well.

"Hirata-kun! Come on!" the blonde girl who sat next to Hirata called out to him.

"I'll be right there, Karuizawa-san. Don't you wanna introduce yourself to Zaffar-kun?"

"Heh? Alright, fine..." she gave in and approached my desk. "Hey there~ I'm Kei Karuizawa. Nice to meet you."

"Likewise, Karuizawa. Now, if you'll excuse me..." I excused myself and exchanged greetings with Fuutaro before heading outside, texting the boys.

THE BOYS

RITVIK: [Boys, what are we doing for lunch?] - [12:07]

AGRIM: [I wanna try that pizza joint we saw on the way to school] - [12:07]

ARUSH: [Already tried it] - [12:08]
ARUSH: [It's ass] - [12:08]

ZZS: [What about the McDonalds across the school?] - [12:09]

ARUSH: [Omw]- [12:09]

AGRIM: [Be right there] - [12:10]

RITVIK: [Last one there is a rotten spider] - [12:11]

Oh, okay, now I'm sprinting there.

...

I was the first one here, and to my surprise, there was a huge line here. A ton of students from the school had come to eat here. I guess that's reasonable. It's cheap and nearby, and also tastes good. Why wouldn't anyone come here?

After about five minutes, the line only got longer. But this time, I'm towards the front of the line. Despite how busy it is, the wait is atrocious. I guess that's reasonable.

Feeling a tap on my shoulder, I turned around quickly. I already knew who it was.

"Hey, pal. Quite the line here." Arush arrived, with his bag, visibly tired.