CHAPTER-3: Strange Requests

DISCLAIMER: SPOILERS FOR SPIDER-MEN: BEYOND THE WEB

ZAIN ZAFFAR'S POV:

April 2nd ,2017

My second day at school went by pretty smoothly, without anything eventful happening. As I was about to be surrounded by a group of students, Miss Chabashira called out to me.

"Zaffar, can you please come with me to the Chairman's office? He has to talk to you about something."

I nodded and quickly packed my bag. My seatmate let out a sigh and mumbled something under her breath.

"What a useless creature. Only his second day and he's already gotten himself into trouble."

Okay, bitch, I've not seen a single person approach you or talk to you, so go fuck yourself on that high horse you're riding.

I got up and approached Hirata, before leaving the classroom.

"Hey, sorry. We might have to postpone our plan to tomorrow. If I get free early, I'll text you, is that fine?"

"Oh, that's absolutely fine, Zaffar-kun. I'm sure it's something important. Here's my number if you need to contact me."

"Hey, thanks man. You're cool." I said, shaking his hand after taking the slip on which he wrote his number, and walked out of the class.

Miss Chabashira was waiting for me at the end of the hallway.

"Took you long enough..." she mumbled.

"Sorry about that. I had to take care of something."

She nodded and started walking towards the reception area, where the Chairman's office was.

I wonder what he wants from me now? Is it official school business or...?

"Sooo..." Miss Chabashira began, cutting the silence. "Is it true?"

I was confused. What was this woman on about? "I don't follow, Miss Chabashira. Is what true?"

She turned towards me with a smirk. "That you can climb up walls?"

Those words cracked my composure, and it seemed like Chabashira noticed.

How does she know?

Chabashira looked at me with a smug grin, seemingly relishing her victory.

"I have no idea what you're talking about, miss." I feigned confusion.

Her smirk disappeared. "I knew it... I knew the Chairman was messing with me. But I got you, didn't I?" she smiled.

The Chairman knows too? Is he a part of S.H.I.E.L.D.?

"I mean, sure- we have a guy flying around in a suit of armour, but that's all tech-based. But a guy that can shoot webs and climb up walls? Please, give me a break. I don't get paid enough for this." She giggled.

"Oh, you mean, like stick to walls and stuff?" I asked, with a smug smile of my own.

Chabashira turned to me again, this time with a confused expression, and as soon as she did, I jumped up to the ceiling and stuck to it.

The expression on Chabashira's face was priceless. Her shocked face almost made me smirk.

"Looks like I got you there, miss." I said, patting her arm with the back of my hand and walking ahead of her.

"That was so cool..." I heard her mumble underneath her breath.

We soon reached the Chairman's office, but what I was surprised to see was that my friends, Agrim, Arush, and Ritvik, were all present outside as well.