CHAPTER-4: The Service Club

DISCLAIMER: HEAVY SPOILERS FORSPIDER-MEN: BEYOND THE WEB

RITVIK ANAND'S POV:

I put away my phone and took one of the chairs stacked in the corner, before placing it on the right hand side of the table. I sat on Yukinoshita's left, who was still reading her book.

"Grrr~"

I looked back and noticed Hikigaya growling at Yukinoshita like a rabid dog for some reason.

Yukinoshita narrowed her eyes at him in disgust and let out a cold sigh. She closed the book she was reading and glanced at the wild dog.

"Why don't you stop standing there, making those disgusting growling sounds, and just sit down?"

"Huh? Oh, yeah. Sorry." He awkwardly took out one of the chairs and sat down in the far corner of the room, staring at her like she was some kind of alien.

Silence prevailed in the room for some seconds before it was broken by me.

"So, what kind of club is this?"

Yukinoshita closed her book and looked at me. "Why don't you guess- both of you?"

Hikigaya stared at her with great interest. "How many club members are there in this club?"

"Three, including the two of you."

"Huh?" I mumbled.

"What...? So there are no other members?"

The girl adjusted her bangs behind her ear and narrowed her eyes at him.

"Is there a problem with that?" her cold tone was enough to make the boy shut his mouth. I took advantage and continued the discussion.

"Are you planning to be a psychiatrist? Is this a club which helps you in improving yourself for the future?" Yukinoshita raised her eyebrows and looked at me with interest.

"What makes you think so?"

"Well... Miss Hiratsuka brough the two of us here to you- because we needed help, which was more or less, based on our thinking or mental state. For example, I need help with controlling myself, and I'm not a great talker-"

I got cut off before I could complete my sentence. "But you're talking to me just fine though. I don't feel any awkwardness coming from you, now that you're talking. Only your introduction felt awkward because it was forced and unnecessary."

I raised an eyebrow of my own before nodding.

"I never said I was an awkward kid. That's just what Miss Hiratsuka perceives me as- after a couple of days of observation." Yukinoshita listened to my words and nodded.

"I guess I can see where you're coming from. My bad for cutting you off while you were talking. Please continue your observations."

"Right..." I nodded, appreciating the politeness. "Hikigaya over there was brought to the service club because he needs to 'fixed'. So maybe this is like practice club for you to help the mental state of students, which in return helps you in the future. I may be wrong, but that's all I could think of."

As I finished my deduction, the entire room had gone silent. Hikigaya stared at me in wide-eyed shock, while Yukinoshita wore a small smile, seemingly impressed.

"Dude, I was gonna say that this is like a Literature club or something... Now I feel dumb." He slumped back in his chair.

Yukinoshita coughed to get our attention. "Anand-kun, your deduction was quite close, but not quite there. Whereas, Hikigaya-kun, your deduction was completely incorrect."