𝟎𝟐 *✧ ─𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐀𝐍𝐍𝐔𝐀𝐋 𝐒𝐔𝐌𝐌𝐄𝐑 𝐁𝐀𝐋𝐋

*。☆。
★。\|/。★
˚ ₊ ♡ ❰ SAVING GRACE ❱ 
▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅
˚₊· ͟͟͞͞➳❥ ACT ONE ── broken promises ⁺⑅

*✧ ─── 𝐈𝐓 𝐖𝐀𝐒 𝐋𝐀𝐓𝐄 𝐀𝐓 𝐍𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓, 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐌𝐎𝐎𝐍 𝐖𝐀𝐒 𝐀𝐓 𝐈𝐓𝐒 𝐏𝐄𝐀𝐊, 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐀𝐋𝐋 𝐒𝐄𝐑𝐀𝐏𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐀 𝐖𝐀𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐃 𝐓𝐎 𝐃𝐎 𝐖𝐀𝐒 𝐂𝐑𝐀𝐖𝐋 𝐈𝐍𝐓𝐎 𝐁𝐄𝐃 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐅𝐀𝐋𝐋 𝐀𝐒𝐋𝐄𝐄𝐏.It was a special day for the planet of verïdian, the annual summer ball. However, Seraphira was not in the mood to engage in any more festivities after a strange looking gentleman had spilt wine on her dress. She was also feeling quite exhausted with the amount of people that had asked her to dance, and to the dismay of her father, she had declined most offers.

     The summer ball at Verïdian Castle was a sight to behold. As the sun dipped below the horizon, casting a warm golden glow, the grand ballroom came alive with twinkling chandeliers and flickering candlelight. The air was filled with the soft melodies of a live orchestra, their enchanting music floating through the room.

     The atmosphere was electric, filled with laughter, conversations, and the clinking of glasses. The room was adorned with vibrant floral arrangements, their sweet fragrance mingling with the scent of perfume and cologne.

     "Must you decline to dance with every man, you see?" Valerius sighs as he watches his daughter send off another man. Seraphira grins and turns towards her father, "unless it's you that's asking, then of course I will."

     Valerius chuckles and holds his hand out to his daughter, "well then, would you like to dance?" Seraphira doesn't answer for a moment and hums in thought, "it depends, will you step on my toes?"

     "Since you asked ever so politely, I will try my best to," Valerius responds and after seeing the smile grow on his daughter's face he takes her hand in his and to the middle of the room they go.

     They glided across the polished marble floor, their steps perfectly synchronized with the rhythm of the music. Seraphira's flowing gown swirled around her as she twirled, her laughter echoing through the room. She may have been too tired to dance with other people, but she would never turn down the opportunity to dance with her father.

     Once the dance finishes, Seraphira leaves her father to go find a drink, which she was in great need of. Unfortunately for her, senator Nymeria had spotted her and intervened her way.

     After the dance concludes, Seraphira departs from her father's side in search of a beverage to quench her thirst. Unfortunately, Senator Nymeria catches sight of her and decides to sidle up to her in order to start up a conversation.

     "Senator Nymeria how lovely to see you!" Seraphira smiles happily as she sees the senator come into her view with a wide grin upon her face, "Your dress is absolutely gorgeous!"

     Nymeria laughs and waves Seraphira's compliments off, "Your mother actually bought this for me, it's my favourite colour as well."

     In response, Seraphira nods her head, as much as she loved talking to the senator she needed to get out of the conversation. While Nymeria goes on about how lovely aurora is and how much she appreciates her, Seraphira gaze catches on a strange looking figure standing in the corner of the room.

     "I'd love to hear more about your husband, senator, but I'm afraid I'm feeling a bit exhausted and would prefer to go get a refreshment," Seraphira says and before Nymeria can say a word she departs and makes her way over to the strange figure.