𝟎𝟑 *✧ ─𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐋𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓𝐒𝐈𝐃𝐄 𝐋𝐔𝐌𝐈𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐀𝐑𝐈𝐄𝐒

☆*。☆。
★。\|/。★
˚ ₊ ♡ ❰ SAVING GRACE ❱ 
▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅
˚₊· ͟͟͞͞➳❥ ACT ONE ── broken promises ⁺⑅

*✧ ─── "𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐉𝐄𝐃𝐈 𝐂𝐎𝐔𝐍𝐂𝐈𝐋 𝐇𝐀𝐒 𝐍𝐎 𝐍𝐄𝐄𝐃 𝐓𝐎 𝐆𝐄𝐓 𝐈𝐍𝐕𝐎𝐋𝐕𝐄𝐃 𝐈𝐍 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐌𝐀𝐓𝐓𝐄𝐑𝐒 𝐎𝐅 𝐀𝐕𝐀𝐋𝐎𝐍𝐍𝐄." 𝐀𝐓𝐀𝐑𝐀𝐇 𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐓𝐄𝐒 𝐈𝐍 𝐀𝐍𝐍𝐎𝐘𝐀𝐍𝐂𝐄 𝐀𝐒 𝐒𝐇𝐄 𝐖𝐀𝐓𝐂𝐇𝐄𝐒 𝐇𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐈𝐒𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐁𝐑𝐎𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐑 𝐈𝐍 𝐋𝐀𝐖 𝐂𝐎𝐍𝐕𝐄𝐑𝐒𝐄 𝐀𝐁𝐎𝐔𝐓 𝐒𝐀𝐅𝐄𝐓𝐘 𝐌𝐄𝐀𝐒𝐔𝐑𝐄𝐒, 𝐎𝐍𝐄 𝐓𝐇𝐀𝐓 𝐈𝐍𝐂𝐋𝐔𝐃𝐄𝐒 𝐉𝐄𝐃𝐈. Valerius sighs and motions for everyone in the room to exit, leaving only his wife and sister-in-law left.

     "I understand your frustrations Atarah, however I cannot let this assassination attempt on my only daughter go unanswered," Valerius sighs after seeing Atarah's expression of frustration and annoyance. Her hands were clenched at her sides into fists, and her face was red with annoyance.

     "I can protect her myself Valerius, you do not need to invite the Jedi here," Atarah scoffs, feeling undermined by her brother-in-law. "I know you dislike the Jedi order-"

     "Dislike is an understatement," Atarah mutters under her breath, Valerius continues ignoring Atarah's comment. "Do not think I undermine your abilities, Atarah."

     Aurora glances at her sister who seems deep in thought and then at her husband who's slowly becoming red in the face. Aurora places her hand in Valerius's and gives him a small smile, which calms his down.

     "If you so wish, Atarah then the Jedi will not be invited here," Aurora says calmly, watching as her sister's face relieves of all tension, "but if matters get worse than we will have no choice other than to ask the Jedi for their protection."

     Atarah slowly shakes her head, "the Jedi claim to be peacekeepers. The only protection they can offer is shielding Seraphira from blasters, they cannot interfere in matters-"

     "The kingdom of Verïdian has stood alongside the republic for many ages thanks to senator Nymeria work, I'm sure if we ask the Jedi will-"

     Before Aurora could continue, the captain of the guard burst into the throne room, panic upon his face and spoke quickly and incoherently until Valerius interrupted him and ordered him to speak clearly and calmly.

     The captain winces and begins what he was saying again, "My queen my king," the captain says as he bows to them, "There has been another attack upon the princess in her chambers."

*✧ ─── "𝐈 𝐅𝐄𝐀𝐑 𝐒𝐎𝐌𝐄𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐈𝐒 𝐆𝐎𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐓𝐎 𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐏𝐄𝐍 𝐓𝐎 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐏𝐑𝐈𝐍𝐂𝐄𝐒𝐒, 𝐂𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐀𝐈𝐍 𝐄𝐍𝐕𝐄𝐑," 𝐒𝐄𝐍𝐀𝐓𝐎𝐑 𝐍𝐘𝐌𝐄𝐑𝐈𝐀 𝐒𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐒 𝐀𝐒 𝐒𝐇𝐄 𝐖𝐀𝐋𝐊𝐒 𝐃𝐎𝐖𝐍 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐂𝐎𝐑𝐑𝐈𝐃𝐎𝐑 𝐖𝐈𝐓𝐇 𝐂𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐀𝐈𝐍 𝐄𝐍𝐕𝐄𝐑. "Would you like to go check on her?" Captain Enver inquires, looking at the senator with a sense of apprehension, whether the king had requested that he tighten security around the princesses chambers. Although he had done so, he still had a strong sense that something was amiss, and it appears that the senator shared his concern.