𝟎𝟕 *✧ ─𝐑𝐄𝐂𝐎𝐍𝐂𝐈𝐋𝐈𝐀𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍𝐒 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐏𝐈𝐋𝐋𝐎𝐖𝐒

*。☆。
★。\|/。★
˚ ₊ ♡ ❰ SAVING GRACE ❱ 
▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅
˚₊· ͟͟͞͞➳❥ ACT ONE ── broken promises ⁺⑅

*✧ ─── "𝐏𝐋𝐄𝐀𝐒𝐄 𝐒𝐏𝐄𝐀𝐊 𝐓𝐎 𝐌𝐄 𝐀𝐓𝐀𝐑𝐀𝐇," 𝐎𝐁𝐈 𝐖𝐀𝐍 𝐁𝐄𝐆𝐒, 𝐀 𝐑𝐄𝐌𝐎𝐑𝐒𝐄𝐅𝐔𝐋 𝐄𝐗𝐏𝐑𝐄𝐒𝐒𝐈𝐎𝐍 𝐔𝐏𝐎𝐍 𝐇𝐈𝐒 𝐅𝐀𝐂𝐄, "𝐈 𝐊𝐍𝐎𝐖 𝐈 𝐃𝐎𝐍'𝐓 𝐃𝐄𝐒𝐄𝐑𝐕𝐄 𝐈𝐓-". "No, you don't," Atarah whispers back, turning around to face her old friend.

As the tension hung in the air, Obi-Wan and Atarah found themselves standing face to face, their gazes locked in a silent battle of emotions. The room seemed to shrink, amplifying the weight of their past grievances and the deep-rooted animosity that had festered between them.

Atarah's eyes burned with a mixture of anger, hurt, and an unyielding arrogance that she had honed over the years. The memory of their explosive fight after her expulsion from the Jedi Council still lingered within her, fuelling her resentment towards Obi-Wan. She had expected him, her former ally, to stand by her side, to fight against the Council's decision. But instead, he had chosen loyalty to the Order over their friendship.

Obi-Wan, on the other hand, felt a heavy burden of regret weighing on his shoulders. The pain of losing Atarah's trust had haunted him ever since that fateful day. He had believed that he was doing what was best for her, aligning himself with the Council's decision, but now he questioned whether he had made the right choice. The memory of their heated words echoed in his mind, each syllable a reminder of the bond that had been shattered.

As they stood there, the room seemed to hold its breath, waiting for a spark of understanding or a glimmer of reconciliation. Atarah's voice pierced the silence, dripping with bitterness and a hint of vulnerability.

"You turned your back on me, Obi-Wan," she spat, her voice laced with disdain. "You sided with the Council, just like the rest of them. You betrayed everything we stood for."

Obi-Wan's expression softened, a flicker of remorse crossing his features. "Atarah, I thought I was doing what was right. I didn't want to lose you, but I couldn't defy the Council."

Atarah's eyes narrowed, her voice dripping with sarcasm. "Of course, the great Obi-Wan Kenobi, always the obedient Jedi. You never questioned their decisions, never stopped to consider the consequences."

Obi-Wan's voice wavered slightly, a mix of regret and longing. "I never wanted to hurt you, Atarah. I believed that the Council's judgment was fair, but I see now that I failed you as a friend."

A moment of silence hung between them, the weight of their unspoken words filling the room.

As the room fell into a hushed stillness, the air grew heavy with the weight of their unspoken emotions. Atarah's piercing gaze softened, revealing a flicker of vulnerability that had long been concealed. It was as if a crack had formed in her armour, allowing a glimpse of the tender heart that lay beneath. At that moment, the room seemed to hold its breath, as if anticipating the next chapter in their intricate dance of friendship and forgiveness.

Atarah's heart ached as she reminisced about the memories she and Obi-Wan had shared. The laughter that echoed through their conversations, the trust that had once been unbreakable. But the pain he had caused ran deep, and forgiveness wasn't something she could grant easily.

With tears welling in her eyes, Atarah's voice trembled as she spoke, barely audible, "I can't just forgive you, Obi-Wan."

Obi-Wan's expression softened, his eyes filled with understanding. "I hear you, Atarah. I know I've let you down, and I'm truly sorry."