SIDE STORY-1: Web Of Secrets

DISCLAIMER: HEAVY SPOILERS FOR SPIDER-MEN: BEYOND THE WEB

ARUSH KUMAR'S POV:

April 3rd, 2017

After classes ended for the day, I made my way to the nearest grocery store from school. As I walked in, I saw a large variety of stuff- from meat to cup noodles, this place had it all.

Jackpot.

I moved over to the cup noodles section and grabbed one of it. Before I could check the price however, I suddenly lost focus, and my vision went hazy.

What's happening?

...

...

What the hell was that?

I quickly took out my phone and sent out a text in the group chat.

THE BOYS

[Need to talk to you guys ASAP] - [15:12]: ME
[Text me when you guys get home] - [15:12]: ME

With that said and done, I paid for my stuff and walked back home.

...

ZAIN ZAFFAR'S POV:

"What an unpleasant coincidence."

"Huh?" I turned to look at the source and spotted my seatmate. "Oh, it's you."

"You're blocking the way. Can you move?"

"Right, right..." I said, moving away. "There's no need for you to be so confrontational... My name's Zain Zaffar, nice to meet you."

"And you just introduced yourself like that?" she asked me.

"Yeah, is there a problem with that? After all, we sit next to each other, its common courtesy, no?"

The girl didn't respond. I scanned my eyes over to shampoo shelf and thought about what to buy.

"Suzune Horikita."

"Hm?" I involuntarily responded.

"It's my name. Don't get the wrong idea though, we're not friends. I have no need for things like that."

"I see..." If Horikita was choosing isolation voluntarily, then she's probably more content than I am.

I dropped some basic necessities into my basket. Horikita was examining the shampoo she took from the shelf. She quickly put the shampoo and other daily necessities into her basket. I thought she would go for good quality items, but she only went for the cheapest one available.

"Don't girls usually make a fuss over what kind of shampoo they use?"

"Well, that depends on the person, doesn't it?" she gave me a glare that seemed to say, 'Would you stop looking into my basket without permission?'

"So, how was your first year here like?" I asked in an attempt to move the conversation forward.

"You don't seem like the person to care about such things."

"Just trying to make small talk..."

"Right... Don't even ask– my classmates are very tedious, and that includes you."

"Wow, I'm hurt." I said sarcastically.

THE BOYS

RITVIK: [@ALL We need to talk] - [17:02]
AGRIM: [@ARUSH @ZAIN Meet us at the house] - [17:03]