Under the Sunny Skies

5:17 am
October 19, 2023
Home

"Axel! Axel, hoy! Mata na samtang wala pay taw sa puso" 

Woken up from my short rest, still sleepy, I left the comforts of my bed to wash up. Our bathroom wasn't available due to the heavy rain last two days, it clogged up our drainage. So, I had to take a bath outside, at the public water pump. I wasn't comfortable about washing up in public but luckily it was still too early for people in our neighborhood to wake up.

Before I went outside, I texted Ann good morning.

At the water pump, I filled up the palanggana (basin; washbasin) with water from it. I took a bath.

I finished up pretty early since it was very cold outside, and I was afraid that people might start showing up. I took one last splash of water and headed back towards the house.

I dried myself with my towel and wore my uniform. Ann replied to my message "kalimot ko what time ko natug gabie" as in her status it said that she was online last 2:05 am.

"awh basin sa inyo na wifi" I replied, followed with "Good morning ann, how's your sleep man?"

(phone)
Ann: "good morning Axe"
Me: "Tugnaw kay ako morning, sleep lang niya if kulang imo sleep."

40 minutes later and she hasn't responded yet, she might've fallen asleep again. So, I texted her "rest well ann"

6:41 am
Home - CIT

I finished up everything and was getting ready to head to school. Helmet on, bag on my back, and phone on the ready. Took one last look at the conversation to see if she responded, she didn't. She really slept again.

Got on the back of the motorcycle and we headed off towards CIT. 

On the way, we stopped by a gas station. While waiting for the pump to finish, I looked at the sky and noticed that all the clouds were grouped on one side and no clouds were seen up above me. The clouds were like this too on that day.

I took a pic of the sky and sent them to Ann, saying "Walay clouds"

Seconds later, we're back on the road, on the way to CIT. The breeze this time couldn't be any more peaceful. 

I closed my eyes frequently, just taking in the breeze and the oddly silent-but-not noise. We passed by SM Seaside. Before it all happened. 

I closed my eyes again and I can feel the vehicle turning around, we passed by SM Seaside one last time. So many memories in just a month. 

Seeing the sidewalk of where we used to laughed, and complained about the heat.

The pedestrian lane where we used to think of not stopping even though the car clearly isn't stopping too. 

The street where we started planning on going to SM Seaside.

The coffee shop. The Sky-walk.

It's everywhere. We left our footprints everywhere and I cannot stop remembering them.

7:04 am
CIT

"rest in peace" Ann responded to my text, right after I arrived at school.

(phone)
Me: "shh, ayaw sa
          Anyway, nana ko school. Midterms walay sulod ang utok.
          Eat niya imo breakfast ann, okie? okie"