Onze

Lack of cannon to the show happens in this chapter. Very cute Love x Joo-ik chapter, I think.

"Love is a fire. But whether it is going to warm your hearth or burn down your house, you can never tell."

          "This? This is where you want to spend our date that's not a date?" Love asked Joo-ik, as the car pulled up to an art museum

As the real life cupid, and the personification of love itself, she had seen every art piece, statue, theatre production, listened to every song, opera, wailing that had ever been about her or had her name in it. While she could appreciate the gesture, ticket prices were the death of everyone, she failed to see how this was going to convince her to actually allow Joo-ik and herself to romance the other.

"Don't call it a date if it's not." Joo-ik told her, pulling into the parking lot.

"Well then what would you call what we're doing?" Love asked, looking at him with slight amusement.

"Hanging out. Chatting. Mingling. Keeping each other company. Socializing." Joo-ik answered, listing off every synonym like he was a walking dictionary.

Love shook her head at herself finding such a thing funny and stared up at the large building they were about to enter. She frowned as the lack of people's thoughts she could hear from inside the building, a few stranglers here and there, which was strange as it only stood out more against the world full of thoughts. She looked around the parking lot, seeing only a handful of cars around, making her suspicious of what Joo-ik had in mind.

"Is there a reason why there's hardly any cars around on a Friday night?" Love asked Joo-ik, purposely putting all her attention on the blaring radio to drown out Joo-ik's thoughts.

"Is there a reason why you can't bring yourself to trust me?" Joo-ik retorted, parking the car in a section labeled 'Reserved for Mr. Cha'.

"Despite how you think you feel for me, I'm actually quite terrible of a partner. I have ice walls surrounding my heart that touch the sky's. My insides are all bruised and battered. And if you want to believe my brother about my mood swings, they turn me from a pretty, little swan to a deadly dragon that breaths fire and spews venom." Love told him, undoing her own seat belt. She turned to him, Joo-ik already staring at her as if he could see her very soul, and gave him a lazy smirk. "If you were smart, you'd run away from me. Forget about me, this date that's not a date and start new with someone else."

She was glad that he wasn't a mind reader.

'Leave me. Just go away. Before our hearts become attached, before you can't help yourself and tell me what your hearts been wanting to tell me since we kissed, before I can't help and tell you the same thing because I won't be able to help myself. Let go... for both of our sakes.' Love thought, staring at Joo-ik silently with a ball of anxiety growing in her chest.