Seize

"I yearn to belong to something, to be contained in an all-embracing mind that sees me as a single thing. I yearn to be held in the great hands of your heart—"

Love had no idea why "God" took Tak Dong-kyung so suddenly but she was going to get the mortal back

Love had no idea why "God" took Tak Dong-kyung so suddenly but she was going to get the mortal back. Dong-kyung had the rest of her limited time to live before her brother tried ending the world and she'd be damned if there was any chance for Doom being the one Dong-kyung loved the most thus taking him with her when she died.

Love marched her way to Dong-kyung's hospital room, enchanting the passing by nurses and doctors to ignore her as she was in no mood to play human right with any of them now, found the right numbered room, slid open the door with a slam only to be mocked with the sight of the empty room. She stared intensely at the empty bed, seeing that the food tray was down with two books on top of it, narrowed her eyes at it and walked over to it.

The book on the left was closed, a post it note on the top saying 'For Doom', the cover was of a wooden puppet made to look like a boy and a woman meant to look like a fairy.

'Pinocchio?' Love wondered, a slight frown on her face as she stared at the children's book. 'Why would she leave this for Doom when she basically encouraged me to take him out of the picture?'

She turned her attention to the other book on the food tray to see it was open to some seemingly random pages. She tentatively put her fingers on the pages, flattening the paper slightly and staring at the two pages that seemed to be meant for her. In a cartoon style she was looking at a baby duck who was colored pink, crying its heart out while being chased out by the hen and the tomcat, waddling back out into the snow storm.

"What even is the point of this?" Love questioned out loud, furrowing her brows as well. Whatever lesson "God" was trying to teach her either was completely going over her head or she was getting the lesson but it didn't apply to her in the least.

Everyone knew the story of the ugly duckling. Most human's learned it as children and the message, while endearing, she failed to understand how it applied to her.

"Do not worry about that," said the Ugly Duckling. "I am a boy duck."

"Then why are you still here?" said the tomcat. "Did you not hear what the old woman said?"

"Get out of here, pretender!" clucked the hen.

"Get out! Get out!" hissed the tomcat.

The door was still a bit open, so our poor Ugly Duckling slipped out the door, and back into the storm.

"No one ever wants me," said the Ugly Duckling with a tear in his eye.